`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Scotch Tape

RE: Scotch Tape
I just use team bags. It makes a world of difference.

But I can see people having a problem with me using bubble wrap. Not the bubble wrap itself, but I tape around the bubble wrap, just want it to be secure.

It's annoying for the receiver, but they get a perfect card, every time.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(05-29-2012, 02:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: that's really an issue? really?
Yes. I already don't care about the little "thank you" from the seller, but ruining something that I can actually USE so the seller can say thank you is just annoying. It's basically sending out the card and saying "I hope you have another one of these things I just sent your card in, because I went and ruined this one for no good reason."

(05-29-2012, 02:39 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Yes. I already don't care about the little "thank you" from the seller, but ruining something that I can actually USE so the seller can say thank you is just annoying. It's basically sending out the card and saying "I hope you have another one of these things I just sent your card in, because I went and ruined this one for no good reason."
you paid for the card, the toploader is protection

should i not write on the bubble mailer either?

(05-29-2012, 02:41 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you paid for the card, the toploader is protection

I'll have to agree 50/50 on this issue. On one hand I am buying/trading for the card, which is hands down the most important part of the transaction, and the protection is key. Tape makes no difference on the protection of the card.

Tape and marker do, however, limit the showcasing of the card, which is what toploaders also provide, something safe and clear that both protects and highlights the card.

[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(05-29-2012, 02:41 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you paid for the card, the toploader is protection

Technically, you are correct. The top loader is doing its job, but a post it works fine. Or one of those cardboard pack inserts.

I wouldn't care though, I put my stuff in new top loaders then team bags, so either way for me. Just my 2 pennies Smile

(05-29-2012, 01:15 PM)vannestjc Wrote: Or, you can use Scotch tape...just fold a little flap down (so that 2 sticky parts touch each other). That makes a little non-stick flap. Then when the cards are received, you pull the flap, the tape comes off and no goo is left behind.
That's helpful, but certain tapes still leave behind the gooey residue.

There's simply no reason to use scotch tape on toploaders when there are multiple equally cost efficient alternatives...but I still get scotch tape on over 50% of the trades I get.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(05-29-2012, 02:46 PM)monsterx Wrote: Technically, you are correct. The top loader is doing its job, but a post it works fine. Or one of those cardboard pack inserts.

I wouldn't care though, I put my stuff in new top loaders then team bags, so either way for me. Just my 2 pennies Smile
i mean, i dont write on the toploader, but darn skippy i recycle. so if my toploader isnt pristine, im getting knocked for it?

I have to admit that when I got back into the hobby, I did this. I didn't know any better until I saw a thread on here about it. Now I use team bags.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(05-29-2012, 03:35 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i mean, i dont write on the toploader, but darn skippy i recycle. so if my toploader isnt pristine, im getting knocked for it?
No, not at all. I do the same. No need to waste a top loader. But like you said, I'm not going to unnecessarily write on it.