`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R they bringing back Topps Chrome?

RE: R they bringing back Topps Chrome?
Actually, for Basketball no. for NFL football and Baseball, I would assume yes. and Rybowski - your snide comment just shows your blatant ignorance. sorry, but i'll call it like it is.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(05-31-2012, 09:38 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: This thread is going on way to long LOL
not as long as the line at walmart to but european soccer cards on their release date. freedom of speech taffster, gotta love it
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Rybowski, now your just showing yourself to be childish. For goodness sake, grow up. Oh, and yes the European soccer market is far larger than the combined us sports market. as a matter of fact, Panini's 2008 EPL card set (EPL - english premier league), outsold the entire 2007-08 US sports market - on pre-sales alone. And that is just one product for one league. Panini Europe also covers Bundes Leage, La Liga BBV, Euroleague, Championsleague, the French Soccer League and the Italian soccer league. Plus the major European Leagues (EPL, La Liga BBV, Bundesleage, Italian, Euroleague and Championsleague) are broadcast in more countries than all the US sports combined. so Soccer is rightfully called the international league.

Can we somehow blame this on Lebron?
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(05-31-2012, 09:55 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Can we somehow blame this on Lebron?
As a Celtics Fan i think the Refs are to Blame

(05-31-2012, 09:52 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Rybowski, now your just showing yourself to be childish. For goodness sake, grow up. Oh, and yes the European soccer market is far larger than the combined us sports market. as a matter of fact, Panini's 2008 EPL card set (EPL - english premier league), outsold the entire 2007-08 US sports market - on pre-sales alone. And that is just one product for one league. Panini Europe also covers Bundes Leage, La Liga BBV, Euroleague, Championsleague, the French Soccer League and the Italian soccer league. Plus the major European Leagues (EPL, La Liga BBV, Bundesleage, Italian, Euroleague and Championsleague) are broadcast in more countries than all the US sports combined. so Soccer is rightfully called the international league.
you enjoy having the last word dont ya. in case ya didnt notice i was messing with you. this conversation went on a little too far bringing veterans and freedom of speech comments. good grief its basketball cards man, lets face it after 03-04 they have sucked. the sets have sucked, autos and jersey inserts are riddled with commons. I feel bad for all the people who dumped money into the crap from this year, upperdeck jordan brand classic jersey cards. like keyshawn johnson would say "c'mon man"
(05-31-2012, 09:55 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Can we somehow blame this on Lebron?
thats funny, i live in northeast ohio and my son told me last night if lebron and miami win he wants to sell his lebron cavs cards or give them to goodwill. I love it.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.

(05-31-2012, 09:39 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Actually, for Basketball no. for NFL football and Baseball, I would assume yes. and Rybowski - your snide comment just shows your blatant ignorance. sorry, but i'll call it like it is.
I was trying to bring the thread back to the original question since it got so far off track.

No, they're not bringing back Topps Chrome ... until ... Topps ... gets ... a ... license.

When people go about things in a childish manner and neglect to put in quantifiers, yes. but let's move on...

It's not entirely fair to blame one company or person on the current situation with the Rookies and the one company producing basketball cards. Consider this - how do you think Ice hockey fan's felt for two years when there was a lockout and no cards were printed whatsoever? between 2005 and this year, Upper deck had a strangle hold on NHL (apart from the odd ITG set). And why? Because fleer and Topps didn't wish to renew their license - they opted to not renew their license. Yes, i know fleer died in 2005, but you get the idea (hopefully). We also have to consider other sports. Tennis has had ACE Authentic as the sole producer of .... product since 2005. from 2000-2004 WNBA had fleer only, since 2005 it has been rittenhouse. Admittedly, Tennis is not that big, but in the early years of WNBA there was pinnacle, then skybox and fleer with multiple products. And now Upper Deck has forced Press Pass, Sage and any other potential smaller companies out of the one market where they had a chance (if albietly slim) - NCAA sports. Yet no one is complaining about the monopoly there. My point is, there's no sense in complaining about a percieved monopoly in area if other areas are not considered.

(05-31-2012, 10:10 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I was trying to bring the thread back to the original question since it got so far off track.

No, they're not bringing back Topps Chrome ... until ... Topps ... gets ... a ... license.
i dont see them attempting to get a license anytime soon, their just isnt enough hardcore basketball collectors out there anymore. Even at walmart, all the discounted leftover blasters are mostly basketball. I will keep my fingers crossed because i miss chrome and finest rookies

(05-31-2012, 10:19 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: i dont see them attempting to get a license anytime soon, their just isnt enough hardcore basketball collectors out there anymore. Even at walmart, all the discounted leftover blasters are mostly basketball. I will keep my fingers crossed because i miss chrome and finest rookies
Dang we need to change places, all I ever see are football ones Sad
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65