`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R they bringing back Topps Chrome?

RE: R they bringing back Topps Chrome?
(05-31-2012, 01:21 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: As a veteran of Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield in the US Navy...I agree...read the comment...that is one of the reasons we defend this country..."Freedom of Speech"...!
no one said he couldnt make the comments he made, but just seems out of place making them here. quit trying to start something that isnt there, I am confused as to what you being a veteran has to do with anything, wouldnt it be freedom of speech for me to say i agree with the post also?
(05-30-2012, 10:35 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Jchaves, you have taken my comment completely out of context - which makes me think you only read what you wanted to read. My point is this - ever since the mid-late 1980's American sports collectables has a wide range of products and companies producing cards. Prior to that, it was limited - especially for basketball. In comparison, australian sports collectables has really only had one company at a time with one set per sport per year. And what about european sports - especially soccer? They've only had panini doing cards/stickers since the 1960's - and then only the one set per year. american sports has a wide selection of choice in regards to products and companies for years - unlike other countries.

This has nothing to do with what I collect and watch - so I don't see why you are attempting to make it personal. My point is this - there are people whinging and whining about the lack of variety (re: companies) in basketball the last two years, yet they are completely ignorant of the past and how fortunate they have been to have multiple companies producing multiple products during the bulk of the individual collector's collecting career. If you wish to take that personally ... well, that's your perogative but you clearly have problems and are showing yourself to be nothing more than the scourge of our beautiful hobby - an investor.
Sorry man, I think the reason american sports has a wider selection is because MORE people buy them than european soccer cards. I dont get that comparison at all. I dont get the investor quote here either, if you could clear that up that would be great. if you were simply upset at the comment jchavestx made than thats fine, just confused by what you are trying to say here.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

jchavestx Wrote:
I really dont think this is the website you want to come into and tell Americans that we are spoiled.

+1 thanks for saying it!

Perhaps I must have misinterpreted this but it reads to me like he should tread lightly because of his comment...that is all I was pointing out...it reads almost threatening for posting his opinion. In that regard, I respect your opinion as well but not at the expense at making someone else feel threatened. That is basically why I posted that to remind individual why we defend this country.

i think taffster's words are being misrepresented, and some folks here are being donkey-ish

/one American's opinion

to the Veterans and who have backed me and Jacoby - thankyou. At least you guys understand what I am saying and are actually reading everything with an open mind.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Let's not forget we are talking about basketball cards. Lol. There does not need to be an international incident. Deep breaths.

Exactly, marquettewade3. And another thing is this - Jchavestx mentione evolution of the hobby. Well, if you subscribe to the entire true evolution theory idea, sometimes things have to devolve to evolve. You cannot have continuous forward evolution - sometimes a step back is needed.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

So are they bringing back Topps Chrome?

(05-31-2012, 09:13 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: So are they bringing back Topps Chrome?
Lol. +1

no topps chrome is only being made for the booming european soccer card industry. exclusive contract.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

This thread is going on way to long LOL