`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hobby packs?

RE: hobby packs?
Thanks guys......MY main thing is i wanted to sample a bunch of sets before i dive into a box.....and i thought hobby would be the way to go, but for $10 a pack i just wanna make sure im gettin the same packs that i would out of boxes......otherwise i might as well get retail for quarter the price.....

but i think im gonna try these hobby packs......thanks

My advice is to watch some breaks on Youtube. That's how I generally see which boxes I want to buy. (Aside from the fact that it somewhat quiets the wax-busting urges I get) Do a search for youtube user chri5784. You can watch a break of basically any product. I love watching those things.

If you start getting individual hobby packs, the regular Topps Jumbo packs are pretty good - you have at worst a 30% chance of getting an auto or memorabilia card. From the box I bought and individual packs I bought from my LCS its pretty clear that the hits are pretty evenly spaced throughout the boxes (and because Topps varies the number of cards so that all packs are the same size there is no sense in pack searching) it seems that every pack as a decent chance to hit.

Picking up a Jumbo Hobby Pack or two is a pretty good way to get a sample into buying hobby.