`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: absolutely insane...

RE: OT: absolutely insane...
I think the problem here is that people are buying these just to relist they don't care what it is worth they see 1/1 so they pay whatever nonsense and jack up the price.

If they pay $300 its a $700 card if they pay 400 its a $800 card if they pay $500 its a $1000. Then they think well I don't even like the guy and if I'll pay $500 then I am sure some a$$clown who likes the guy will pay double. I am 100% confident that the winner of the auction is fully aware of who the (2) shipley collectors are here on the boards and he is thinking he can make a few hundred bucks on them. Thinking that they will eventually have to give in or call it quits.

For this very reason this is why I avoid ebay flipping SCUM like the plague.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

So who is to stay that its the best shipley card??

(05-28-2012, 10:20 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Look, I could be wrong, but you tell me the BEST Shipley card on the market HANDS DOWN can't get $300-400 and a Marcell Dareus can? Just seems off to me. I know most his other 1/1s don't near that price, but nothing compares to the desire of the NT.

Also, the buyer wasn't "shilled" in the typical sense. The 0 feedback guy had his bid in before the auction winner. Only bidding again after he was outbid. Also, if one of my major PC items came up for sale, please believe I will open a new eBay account and bid the heck out of that sucker. I have no problem scaring off other bidders to win a major card.
The zero feedback accounts are almost always created to inflate a cards value past what the going rate should actually be... How can the people out here not see that??? If he wouldn't have kept overbidding the real bidders on this
Auction, the card would have sold for way less... YES the winner obviously would have paid the $500 if needed, but it would have NEVER went to that price if some flake didn't pump up the price... It's called don't use a reserve, BUT use a FAKE account to bid UP TO THE AMOUNT the seller really would settle for anyway... Regardless of what the winner does with the cards, I get the whole business side of it, and if he is actually going to collect Ship, then he scored some sweet cards... The BEST??? that is subjective... But definately desirable...

(05-28-2012, 01:58 PM)slotman11 Wrote: The zero feedback accounts are almost always created to inflate a cards value past what the going rate should actually be... How can the people out here not see that??? If he wouldn't have kept overbidding the real bidders on this
Auction, the card would have sold for way less... YES the winner obviously would have paid the $500 if needed, but it would have NEVER went to that price if some flake didn't pump up the price... It's called don't use a reserve, BUT use a FAKE account to bid UP TO THE AMOUNT the seller really would settle for anyway... Regardless of what the winner does with the cards, I get the whole business side of it, and if he is actually going to collect Ship, then he scored some sweet cards... The BEST??? that is subjective... But definately desirable...
I cannot think of one Shipley card that features just Shipley that would come close to comparison. The True Rookie Card NFL Logo Variation has been the most desirable RC since 2001 SPA, the crown was passed to the Exquisite brand, and now owned by the NT brand. Sure it can be subjective, but that is the feelings of the majority of collectors and would be considered the centerpiece of most collections.

Here's my issue with stating "the card/lot isn't worth the price"... Someone just paid it. They may have been encouraged into paying more than what they wished at the moment, but they paid it. No one forced them to bid that much. They did it in their own free will. The fear of loss outweighed the means to get the card. That's a message that gets lost on the message boards way too easy in my mind. Maybe no one else in the world would pay that, but in a world of supply vs. demand, with one person willing to spend $400, and only one available, it makes it worth $400.

How many times do collectors miss out on cards via auction, only to wish that they had a second crack? Luckily, the amount of people who are actually collecting with available income has dwindled so much that these rare gems are popping up constantly. This eases the fear of loss, because something amazing will be ending next week. This is the downfall of eBay and causes us to devalue our collectibles.

How high would have you gone? How many NT collectors bowed out when they saw the 0 feedback guy winning? The variables are too high, you can never say it would never have gone that high because it very well might have.

Its a fun debate. thats it.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

That particular lot has been on ebay for a while now. I'm interested to see if it comes back up again
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Oh it will... Mark my words...

I say u can name a top five of a player now but it's too hard to say what is the best

Mltreasures1 is who won the auction.

Likes to both buy and sell. Definitely places A LOT of offers/bids on NT 1/1's...

Here's his eBay ID:
http://myworld.ebay.com/mltreasures1
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.