`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Some people need to remember these are just cards.

RE: Some people need to remember these are just cards.
just a small point: though i generally agree with your sentiments, it is, in fact, not a hobby for some folks. i am still heavily involved, but i no longer collect - this is how i put bread on the table....so it isnt just cards for me, it's is just like stock.

and if i make a trade, im trading one investment for another.

under your scenarios, however, it isnt even about that - it's just about being a decent person. and as long as you are communicative, there should be no issue with a declined trade. you are required to trade. some folks, alas, feel entitled. they should be given random noogies until they start to feel otherwise

RE: Some people need to remember these are just cards.
(05-27-2012, 03:29 PM)shivelycore Wrote: I've had several incidents lately with people reacting like I just slapped their mother instead of just request a card in a trade. Whenever I get a trade offer I will pour over a persons organize to find something even if its not a player I normally collect. I figure at least the cards I ship out will go into the PC of someone who wants them.

If I can't find something I usually politely decline the trade and apologize for not being able to work it out. I'll let them know if they get something I'm looking for to hit me up again. I'd like to think others would react the same however I'm learning the hardway a lot of people here no longer think that way.

It's frustrating as hard as it is to even get trades going on here of late.
+1
Whenever I get a trade offer I will pour over a persons organize to find something even if its not a player I normally collect. I figure at least the cards I ship out will go into the PC of someone who wants them.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)