`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Big Ben

OT: Big Ben
I've noticed something since I've got back into collecting last year. Why is it Big Ben's cards aren't priced at a going rate like Manning, Rodgers, Brady, & Tebow. I don't mean the autos etc, I notice that when looking up base, his stuff is right down there with the other commons. Why do you think that is?
I don't look at the man as a scrub....he's already won more super bowls than 3 of 4 listed.

[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

RE: OT: Big Ben
Sorry had to change are to aren't.

(05-27-2012, 07:17 AM)monsterx Wrote: I've wondered that myself. I just figured Steelers have a premium, lol.

Plus, like you said, the Super Bowls.

Hmm, I gotta go look em up now Smile It always seemed to me they sell really high...

They might be low now cause of his recent allegations? Plus the injury at the end of last season didn't help him (or the Steelers).
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

as always, supply and demand

due to him being a general jackass off the field, there isnt a lot of collecting interest in him

in 10 years of running my dutch, i have never - ever - had a request for big ben cards. ive even had folks ask for steelers cards, but no big ben cards

good qb, just below the mannings/brady/brees...but in the collecting world, there aint much love

I can see that point....he has had his troubles. I just thought as much as people emphasize championships these days that he would have a slightly higher following. I know now not to invest in him unless it's PC.

(05-27-2012, 07:29 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: as always, supply and demand

due to him being a general jackass off the field, there isnt a lot of collecting interest in him

in 10 years of running my dutch, i have never - ever - had a request for big ben cards. ive even had folks ask for steelers cards, but no big ben cards

good qb, just below the mannings/brady/brees...but in the collecting world, there aint much love

Yeah, I was just tryin to be nice about it, ha!
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

+1... Big Ben has WAY too many off the field issues to ever command high prices...

Big Ben is one of my top two favorite qbs in the league and if I had the budget for it I'd love to have a PC of his stuff
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I like him too but I see he doesn't have much of a following.....

(05-27-2012, 08:38 PM)rogue655 Wrote: Big Ben is one of my top two favorite qbs in the league and if I had the budget for it I'd love to have a PC of his stuff

Pittsburgh isn't in love with him too much because of his bar hopping history. Preference is definitely deferred to Ward and Polamalu. Still, he is highly collected. Maybe not by people on the Beckett boards or other boards, but his cards are far from garbage.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.