`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
shipping

shipping
Hey guys more recently i have gotten back into collecting and i happened to stumble upon a 2/25 Bryce Harper (this isnt my exact card just a pic i found on the computer havent taken one yet) just wondering what would be the best way to ship this as a single so that i obv dont damage the card as ebay its curently going for 300$ any help would be very greatful

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: shipping
(05-27-2012, 06:37 AM)sportsguy10 Wrote: Hey guys more recently i have gotten back into collecting and i happened to stumble upon a 2/25 Bryce Harper (this isnt my exact card just a pic i found on the computer havent taken one yet) just wondering what would be the best way to ship this as a single so that i obv dont damage the card as ebay its curently going for 300$ any help would be very greatful
I go a little overboard when I pack my stuff. I will either put it in one of the single card cases with a piece of penny sleeve in the front and back so the card does not stick to it, or use a penny sleeve and a top loader, do not put tape on the top loader, the glue might run and ruin the card if it sits too long in the heat. I then put the card into a team bag, I also put a piece of cardboard either on the front and back of the case/top loader or outside of the team bag and put it in a bubble envelope. Other people probably have other great ways of packing cards and I am sure some of them will respond to you. Hope this helps.

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(05-27-2012, 06:51 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: I go a little overboard when I pack my stuff. I will either put it in one of the single card cases with a piece of penny sleeve in the front and back so the card does not stick to it, or use a penny sleeve and a top loader, do not put tape on the top loader, the glue might run and ruin the card if it sits too long in the heat. I then put the card into a team bag, I also put a piece of cardboard either on the front and back of the case/top loader or outside of the team bag and put it in a bubble envelope. Other people probably have other great ways of packing cards and I am sure some of them will respond to you. Hope this helps.

Jerry
I don't find what you do to be going overboard at all. It should be the norm. I use penny sleeve, topload, team bag, bubble wrap, cardboard on both sides to ensure it doesn't get damaged, and ship in a bubble mailer. No problems yet. For a card like that though you may want to consider getting a thicker case.

(05-27-2012, 07:01 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I don't find what you do to be going overboard at all. It should be the norm. I use penny sleeve, topload, team bag, bubble wrap, cardboard on both sides to ensure it doesn't get damaged, and ship in a bubble mailer. No problems yet. For a card like that though you may want to consider getting a thicker case.
You would think it would be the norm, but I have gotten some cards where I was surprised that they made it to me in one piece, which I am sure that you probably have.

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

okay thanks guysfor all the help any advice is good!

Honestly if its a High Value card like that i wouldnt even put it in a Bubble mailer i would go for a Box.. Sure it costs a little more but its a lot safer and you dont have to worry about someone Cutting open the Mailer and removing the Card. Also make sure you Delivery Confirmation or maybe even Signature Confirmation that way the Buyer can try to screw you over.

Yes, please don't put tape on the toploader...I hate it when I get cards from ebay that have tape all over the toploader. While I do use tape on mine, the tape I use is a no-stick tape, so it peels off without leaving any residue.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

put the card in a snap holder to start. why would u ever put a card of the value in a regular top holder. the snap case is stronger than any top loader and card board you could put around it anyway. then put it in a team bag just to insure it doesn't pop open and bubble mailer it to its destination. problem solved.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

(05-27-2012, 01:39 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: put the card in a snap holder to start. why would u ever put a card of the value in a regular top holder. the snap case is stronger than any top loader and card board you could put around it anyway. then put it in a team bag just to insure it doesn't pop open and bubble mailer it to its destination. problem solved.
Because they can move around and damage the edges and or corners in most snap cases as well as screwdowns... I have seen so many cards ruined that way
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)