`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another One Bites The Dust......

Another One Bites The Dust......
After twenty some odd years in Santa Barbara Great American Baseball has closed it's doors. Good luck to the owner Craig in his new endeavors.
[Image: 05-26-12_1745.jpg]

RE: Another One Bites The Dust......
He just now close? I quit going there months ago and he gave me all my cards for sale back because he said it was his last day ha ha.

I really wished Craig would have been more competitive with pricing but he catered more to the high end customers. I hope he got the $1,000,000 dollars he was asking for.

Hmm, one of my LCS just opened a new and improved store. More space, more product etc. And our teams are awful (Minnesota)

Guess ol' Craig wasnt doing much right.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(05-28-2012, 06:29 PM)Merovius Wrote: Hmm, one of my LCS just opened a new and improved store. More space, more product etc. And our teams are awful (Minnesota)

Guess ol' Craig wasnt doing much right.
That is a bad assessment, different results in the two separate markets does not necessarily translate to the owner of the shop the OP was referring to not doing what he needed to right
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Whether the business is in California or Minnesota the owner has to take some sort of responsibility for drawing customers in. The outside sign alone is a clear indication that the owner lacked any drive to keep the shop open. I, my self offered to work in the shop to reorganize, clean and sell product online for him in exchange for product (boxes, singles) not cash.

(06-02-2012, 01:33 AM)juda7 Wrote: Whether the business is in California or Minnesota the owner has to take some sort of responsibility for drawing customers in. The outside sign alone is a clear indication that the owner lacked any drive to keep the shop open. I, my self offered to work in the shop to reorganize, clean and sell product online for him in exchange for product (boxes, singles) not cash.
Guess the last posters assessment wasn't too far off then

There are two shops in Kennesaw, GA the one smaller but very clean, OCD level organization and always new product the other huge with a ridiculous amount of varying stuff and totally unorganized and collecting dust. The sad thing is he doesn't seem to care much about the product or hobby just listing everything at book value to keep himself going

I like both shops and both owners ok but the ones prices and overall aura of the place has kept me at the other store for sometime now
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-02-2012, 08:11 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I like both shops and both owners ok but the ones prices and overall aura of the place has kept me at the other store for sometime now
The "aura" and of course prices would have kept me going back to the shop and in the hobby. But in the end cash is king.

my preferred LCS is starting to irritate some of their regulars too...even on new product, the owner won't sell it at a decent mark up, she goes online, checks to see what it's selling for on a few sites, then charges us a little more. i'm all for her making money, but if the product is new, can't you just take your usual mark up and then be satisfied that it won't sit on your shelf? but most of us go there because she won't sell us packs from a box/case that a hit already came out of without busting open a new box/case. it's the trust thing that keeps most of going back, but even that may not save her if she irritates us with her constant haggling of prices for new products.

the other LCS that i go to has products for much less, but won't be as accommodating about refilling a box/case that a hit came out of.

with internet sales making things a little easier for some of us to get products, then we may just end up forgoing the two shops and just order that way.