Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New eBay Horror Story!

New eBay Horror Story!
I know Im gonna get "you should have known" kinda comments but:

I had a card I was really looking forward to buying that I never seen before in my watch list. Next day it ended even thou it had 6 days left.
I shot the guy an email saying "Hey, just curious why this isnt available anymore." He replied "I accepted an offer for it." I joked (half serious) saying "Well I hope you got more than the $100 I was willing to bid it up to. Smile". Now here's where it begins....

I got a return email stating "Hey, if you want it, I'll give it to you for $55 with delivery confirmation." I thought it over and asked if he could put it back up as an auction with that as a Buy it Now so I could use my Bill Me Later account. He refused. But stated $55 under paypal goods (NOT GIFT THANKFULLY) and he will mail it to me the next day, but to pay before he mails it to the other guy.

I thought it over, then decided to go for it. I move some cash around just to make the payment and sent him an email saying I paid. No response. Next morning (today) no response until 3pm I see an email from Paypal saying I have a refund. In the message he said "Sorry, the other guy just offered me more and I will be mailing it to him in 4 hrs."

Now I look into the refund and apparently Paypal locked it up as a temporary hold for no reason. The guy responded to my angry email at this point saying that "the other guy only offered $25 more, but he's mailing it in 4 hrs". Sounds like hes playing a game to me.

God im sooooooooo mad at this seller.

RE: New eBay Horror Story!
Sounds like you are getting your money back though right?? Its really just annoying that he is going back and forth between you two. If he wanted a bidding war he should've just left the card up, but once he made a deal with someone he should stick to that..

I never take or give offers ouside of the auction.
Heck, I don't even respond to second chance offers after I noticed how sellers worked it with shill bids.

(05-25-2012, 04:04 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Sounds like you are getting your money back though right?? Its really just annoying that he is going back and forth between you two. If he wanted a bidding war he should've just left the card up, but once he made a deal with someone he should stick to that..
Yea....But there is now a "Temporary Hold' on it placed by Paypal ( I can only assume for paying and getting it refunded in less than 24hrs ). So I have to wait for the hold to come off AND wait for it to redeposit to my bank. ARGHHH!!!! Sad

(05-25-2012, 04:04 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Sounds like you are getting your money back though right?? Its really just annoying that he is going back and forth between you two. If he wanted a bidding war he should've just left the card up, but once he made a deal with someone he should stick to that..
I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!! MANY TIMES I GET A BUYER SAYING HE WOULD HAVE GAVE ME MORE...AND I ALWAYS APOLOGIZE saying...deal is done...i'll take the loss and hopefully get return business...

The whole thing was shady to begin with on both ends. Anytime you participate in an "outside of eBay" deal with special parameters of payment and delivery the best scammer will always win. I avoid and ignore any communication regarding special deals, offers, etc. They may not always end poorly, but when they do, you have no protection.

The more and more threads you post about problems you are having with Ebay auctions, the more and more it is going to just look like your Ebay issue is YOU ha ha.

(05-26-2012, 02:50 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: The more and more threads you post about problems you are having with Ebay auctions, the more and more it is going to just look like your Ebay issue is YOU ha ha.
Thats sure a douchey thing to say, especially following up with "Ha Ha".

Look, I totally am kicking myself for even asking the guy why he took it down, I should have just known thats what happened and accepted it. I also should have turned down the offer since I had an inkling of a bad feeling about it. Now it seems it just got him an extra $50 from the other guy and me with $50 still frozen in my account that I could actually use right now.

I had 3 issues in the last 3 months admittingly. But if you read the details of each, you will see its far beyond that.
One guy demanded a partial refund saying he was unhappy even though he resold the card at a higher price (10x sell price was starting bid) using my same exact item description.
The other was just a debate (not really a problem with ebay) over seller's being rude by not responding to best offers (which lock buyers in for 48-72 hrs) leaving them to wait out on whether they can purchase that same item elsewhere after 24-48 hrs.
Lastly was this jerk I recently dealt with who was a problem.

This is a discussion forum. So I seek opinions of other members here since we are all experience with such issues. I also contribute in other ways as well (just see my forum posts and replies).

I didn't have a sale like that bud I did have a card I kept putting offers in on and after a few days I decided I would take it for that price but then the seller has an offer for more now. Yet he hasn't taken it and it's been up for 2 weeks. I end up going back and forth 3 times and end up paying a good $25 more than his first counter offer. Sounds to me like you are getting played like I did. The sellers are out to get all they can and I wouldn't doubt you get another offer for this card. Just like my seller, there was probably no other buyer, just trying to get more money out of the card. Hope either way you get the card you want or your money back in a timely manor. It's not fun but it happens to all of us at some point I think.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.