`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel/Word document of graded cards?

Excel/Word document of graded cards?
My lady and I have the upcoming weekend off together and I want to catalog all of my graded items electronically. Now when I was taking computer classes in college, I aced all of them. However it has now been 7 years since my last computer course. I don't remember squat about Excel and I have a pedestrian layman knowledge of Word. At work we use Excel to reprimand staff but it's a matter of deleting a name, inputting the current person's name, deleting previous offense, inserting new offense, etc...

I'm not sure where to start of what all to do in this endeavor. After a recent purging of my collection I think it's safe to say I'm down to 150-200 graded cards (with 40 more in the BGS office right now). My lady is saying Excel should be used for math related items mostly.

So I'm turning to my collecting community. Please share your methods and/or offer up advice on what I should do. I know for sure I want to track Set, year, player, serial #, and grade. Beyond that line of thinking I'm not sure.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Excel/Word document of graded cards?

Not sure if this is what information (in terms of an example) of what you were looking for or had in mind, but I use this format to inventory all of my cards, etc.

I also annotate (how much spent on each individual card -- NOT show in example).

[Image: PManning_BGS_excel.jpg]

Nice thanks for your example! That's about 90% of what I had in mind. You rock.

Hobby instagram

Just counted, including the ones in Dallas being graded I'll have 180 cards to be documented.

Hobby instagram

I do it the lazy/easy way. I just type it into Google docs.