Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made me mad about 2012 Archives...

What made me mad about 2012 Archives...
Well nevermind this Smile I found out what I was looking for....aka:

*The cards pictured in base set do not exist. They are original mock up images. Lincecum, Pujols, Hamilton and Cano are all featured on other card designs.

_____
I was looking forward to this card because it's pretty nice looking....
[Image: ScreenShot2012-05-23at11814PM.png]

but...I notice the Lincecum card in the set looks like this:
[Image: ScreenShot2012-05-23at11950PM.png]

Has anyone actually pulled the first card? SP or something? I haven't seen one at all, just the 2nd one. I know it's stupid but it made me a little mad haha.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

RE: What made me mad about 2012 Archives...
its an insert i think.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

(05-23-2012, 01:23 PM)908 Wrote: its an insert i think.
All I know is the checklist that's been floating around for a while is completely wrong with the base set. Even the Pujols card on the ad sheet is different than the actual card in the set...not sure why they'd advertise them like that and have the style card end up being a whole different year. Same thing goes for the Josh Hamilton card on the ad sheet...

Here's the checklist. http://sportscardradio.com/index.php/pro...-checklist
Lincecum is at the top of the 1954 base set column but the only card listed is the 1980 version. (Which happens to be the first set my brother and I put together).
I don't like it either, when product sample pics are often not what the final product has in it.

(05-23-2012, 01:37 PM)randall617 Wrote: Here's the checklist. http://sportscardradio.com/index.php/pro...-checklist
Lincecum is at the top of the 1954 base set column but the only card listed is the 1980 version. (Which happens to be the first set my brother and I put together).
I don't like it either, when product sample pics are often not what the final product has in it.
I saw this at the bottom...
*The cards pictured in base set do not exist. They are original mock up images. Lincecum, Pujols, Hamilton and Cano are all featured on other card designs.

Why even show those designs on the sheet to advertise the product, just stupid. I think the 54 style looks way better than the 1980 style they have.

Wow, just wow.

That's an interesting way to do things. How could you possibly justify that? The players are still getting cards, just not the ones pictured?

(05-23-2012, 01:40 PM)TheHammer417 Wrote: I saw this at the bottom...

Why even show those designs on the sheet to advertise the product, just stupid. I think the 54 style looks way better than the 1980 style they have.
I agree with you. Though Lincecum's hair fits with the 1980 card's era the look of the '54 is better. I have a few vintage Indians from that '54 set and they really stand out, both physically, (they were a little larger than today's cards) and visually.
You would think since the art department at Topps went to the trouble of making the mock ups for the ads they would just use those same images for the actual cards.

Yes, this is an incredibly stupid thing for them to do, though Timmy's portrait on that mock-up makes him look a little constipated or something.

Ah yes, bait and switch. The American Companies way.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Is there any rhyme or reason as to how they picked the 4 designs they did? What a screwy release.