`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made me mad about 2012 Archives...

RE: What made me mad about 2012 Archives...
(05-23-2012, 02:33 PM)rossmaute Wrote: Is there any rhyme or reason as to how they picked the 4 designs they did? What a screwy release.
Flipping a coin, throwing random darts at old cards picking a number btwn. 1951 and 2011, Whom ever screams the loudest. These are all rational ways to make product decisions.

(05-23-2012, 02:40 PM)randall617 Wrote: Flipping a coin, throwing random darts at old cards picking a number btwn. 1951 and 2011, Whom ever screams the loudest. These are all rational ways to make product decisions.
They may have been chosen to make an excuse for giving me a Steve Balboni autograph.

Topps does this all the time ... the last couple of years of Bowman, even the pictures on the blaster boxes don't match the pulls inside (Harper autos the last two years).

Very odd.

AHHHHH and the Robin Ventura auto card in it....IS IN A METS UNIFORM!!!! You sure are ruining this product for me Topps hahaha.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

Grip Grip Grip

GET A LIFE EVERYONE.

Still think the stuff looks great.

LOve how this forum seems to be more for complaining that point out the good.

I like it. This release will be much like 2011 Lineage. It will take ALL older collectors on a trip through there lives of collecting. For dealers, EVEN THE INSERTS WILL SELL. Although cheaply. Volume of cards that will ACTUALLY SELL will be large. The volume will make the rip worth it. Just my opinion...

(05-23-2012, 09:53 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Grip Grip Grip

GET A LIFE EVERYONE.

Still think the stuff looks great.

LOve how this forum seems to be more for complaining that point out the good.
So we're supposed to love everything huh? So I pointed out the card in the ad sheet, which I liked better, wasn't the card in the set. Why even bother advertising it then if you aren't going to include it.
So what if I'm not happy that the Ventura auto is in a Mets uniform when he spent 3 years with them but 10 years with the Sox. yep.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

Had to get some soft sleeves today and I actually bought a single pack of these, I though about a box, but $ says otherwise. $90 at LCS... Bowman was $80 Sad Seems like a lot to me.
They're nice, but no way I'm going to do a set. Got a Yaz (deckle edge I think) insert and the only other I remember is '54 style Jackie Robinson.

I'm totally doing this set. I'll be bustinng 3 boxes this weekend.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Have fun. I saw on the back ... SP's again... geez!

(05-24-2012, 08:24 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: I'm totally doing this set. I'll be bustinng 3 boxes this weekend.