`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant)

RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant)
Just yesterday, I FINALLY ended my year-long penalty for "excessive shipping fees" because 3 people decided $4 for a lot of ~25 auto and/or jersey cards, each in their own toploader, then packed in a box with extra protection, was too much to pay. Three people leaving 1 or 2 stars is enough to fall below eBay's self-appointed Seller's Standards, so eBay/PayPal would hold my money for up to two weeks after a sale. Supposedly, they would make some of the funds available when I paid for postage using their system, but the last few times, the funds were not made available and the postage came out of my own pocket.

Since I got dinked, I have not charged for shipping, just so I could get the automatic 5-star rating. What has happened? I DO get the 5 stars on shipping fees, and still 6 people left NO feedback. I DIDN'T CHARGE SHIPPING, AND YET THEY STILL FELT SOMETHING WAS WRONG!

My suggestion? Screw them... eBay AND the buyers. Don't charge shipping and guarantee shipping within a day so you get two automatic 5-star ratings. You'll still be better off than you are now.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(05-22-2012, 04:23 PM)kpbieda Wrote: Alright what would you guys do in this situation then? You buy a card with free shipping but the card is mailed to you in a plain white envelope in a top loader? Would you guys be upset or just shrug it off due to free shipping?
It pisses me off, but what can you do about it?
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

(05-22-2012, 04:23 PM)kpbieda Wrote: Alright what would you guys do in this situation then? You buy a card with free shipping but the card is mailed to you in a plain white envelope in a top loader? Would you guys be upset or just shrug it off due to free shipping?
I don't buy stuff that would be delivered in a PWE. If one of my Bradford autos DID come in a PWE, I would do a chargeback via PayPal, whether or not he accepts returns.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(05-22-2012, 04:08 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I ship cards for $2.00 in a bubble mailer, team bag, and a pack filler so it doesn't get bent. I have 4.8 for shipping charges and for shipping speed I have 4.9 and I ship out same day or next day at the latest. So IMO people are just ridiculous when they would charge more shipping and take longer to ship for their cards.
I ship in bubble mailer, penny sleeve, top load, team bag, double layers of bubble wrap, and cover with a piece of cardboard on each side to ensure the cards arrive safely so $2.50 is still pretty good IMO

Agree, I think anything $3 and under for regular cards in a bubble mailer is reasonable.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Well thanks for all the feedback....almost all my cards I start at .99 + $3.50. I will take the advise and buy some bubble mailers bulk...100 will last me a year easy but will cut some money off my cost. I guess I'll try to go with the higher minimum bid and free shipping, to me it's silly but I have all 5 stars except cost of shipping and handling so I can play the game.

Truth is, I'm getting close to getting rid of almost all of the cards I no longer collect and look forward to not having to deal with it anymore. It's not a business for me just part of my hobby as I change direction in my PC.

Thanks again for all the feedback
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

I am currently sitting at 5.0 with 96 transactions, I do a buy it now/best offer w/ free shipping. I set a min offer to avoid the low ballers but overall I am happy with the results. I ship out next day and drop them off at post office hub which get to them in roughly 2-3 days. I get my mailers from buying and trading which I think I have around 200+ in a box but it might be more.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I have been selling a bunch of cards on e-bay starting at .79 free shipping ( which is a PWE) I Do offer 1.64 first class shipping as an added choice and if they buy 4 or more at .79 then I do ship them in a bubble mailer but If I have a base card and it goes for .79 It goes in a toploader wrapped in cardboard and in a PWE marked real big *Photos Do Not Bend * havent had a problem yet
Photobucket