`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
thanks Jakelovescards for making it hard on good traders!!

thanks Jakelovescards for making it hard on good traders!!
I know this will be deleted, and sorry mods, but I gotta get it off my chest. 3 out of my last 5 trades I've sent first with 150 positive trades with all 5 stars. The traders don't tell me I have to send first but when I mark nine as shipped and they finally ship when they receive I get the picture. I'd like to return to the days where 150 trades untitled you to make new traders send first and you never had to send first for fear that you couldn't be trusted. But I guess those days are long gone now. Anyone else feel this way or is it just in my mind.
Also I'm not calling any traders out or even mad, I just don't think it's fair with my Rep.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

RE: thanks Jakelovescards for making it hard on good traders!!
(05-22-2012, 11:57 AM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I know this will be deleted, and sorry mods, but I gotta get it off my chest. 3 out of my last 5 trades I've sent first with 150 positive trades with all 5 stars. The traders don't tell me I have to send first but when I mark nine as shipped and they finally ship when they receive I get the picture. I'd like to return to the days where 150 trades untitled you to make new traders send first and you never had to send first for fear that you couldn't be trusted. But I guess those days are long gone now. Anyone else feel this way or is it just in my mind.
Also I'm not calling any traders out or even mad, I just don't think it's fair with my Rep.

I hear you, I started trading here before some of the members were even born yet and I am noticing about half my trades people are waiting to get my end before sending, even after I send them tracking numbers. If it becomes habit for certain members I am going to start dinging shipping time in their feedback. One of my pet peeves about this hobby is when someone tells me they are shipping sametime, and don't.
As for newer members, I don't care how good the trade is or how much I need a card, I wouldn't send first to anyone without a good reputation. Luckily with beckett getting a feedback system is you can take some of the risk out of online trading. You do have to remember though, if someone rips you off to make their life miserable. File charges, have the police call them, ect. If you just let them get away with it they'll keep doing it.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

+1 Getting ridiculous, I have over 200 positive trades and had a trader with 65 trades wait until they received their end before they sent. I honestly feel the guilty before proven innocent scenario is going on. Don't get me wrong, I agree about the skepticism about getting screwed but really! Also I have noticed a lot of new traders on the trading boards and when you ask them to ship first you never hear from them or they cancel the trade. HMMM... So thanks a lot dishonest people for killing what used to be great.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

I know that I have sent after I received cards a couple of times, not because of trust, but I am currently without a drivers licence (makes it harder to get around). But, unfortunately people feel like they have to do things this way because of thier own trust issues. Now, I have recently made a trade with someone who has in thier sig that they will send when they recieve, that I can respect. They put it out there so you know.

As far as the dishonest people like jnjbj was talking about, those people disgust me. This is a community of collectors just trying to get the cards that they want at the time, and I love it. I don't get the chance to get some of the cards that I want due to location. Those people ruin it, so FU to them.

Also, OP I do have a few Braves autos if you want to take a look? lol
[Image: IHCE8.png][Image: lgj21.png]

Collecting the players in my sig. If you have any please hit me up!

Questions about any card please PM me!

OK, well im glad I'm not the only one who is noticing that this is somewhat going on. The hall, I'll take a look and see if you got anything I need when I get some time. Thanks.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Bryan, not that it makes you feel any better but I have over 600. It is happening to me too. It really is starting to be the reason you don't see me here near as much. I was the victim of this gal and I still ship next day. Even to many guys who have very few feedback.

I apologize that I had to post the jake thing but also feel I had no choice.
(05-22-2012, 12:10 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I hear you, I started trading here before some of the members were even born yet and I am noticing about half my trades people are waiting to get my end before sending, even after I send them tracking numbers. If it becomes habit for certain members I am going to start dinging shipping time in their feedback. One of my pet peeves about this hobby is when someone tells me they are shipping sametime, and don't.
As for newer members, I don't care how good the trade is or how much I need a card, I wouldn't send first to anyone without a good reputation. Luckily with beckett getting a feedback system is you can take some of the risk out of online trading. You do have to remember though, if someone rips you off to make their life miserable. File charges, have the police call them, ect. If you just let them get away with it they'll keep doing it.
Just a quick response to this. I was the first guy jakelovescards got and I did contact authorities in my town, her town, online, the PO, and Paypal. I received my money back within 10 days and the sheriff paid the accused a visit but in the end she walked.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(05-22-2012, 09:23 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Bryan, not that it makes you feel any better but I have over 600. It is happening to me too. It really is starting to be the reason you don't see me here near as much. I was the victim of this gal and I still ship next day. Even to many guys who have very few feedback.

I apologize that I had to post the jake thing but also feel I had no choice.

Just a quick response to this. I was the first guy jakelovescards got and I did contact authorities in my town, her town, online, the PO, and Paypal. I received my money back within 10 days and the sheriff paid the accused a visit but in the end she walked.
I realize in most cases they walk, however it goes on record. Some states have certain criteria for arresting someone over online theft. The key is you got your end back, and its now on record with that person. I've had to do it several times in the past, one was for over $1000 and it was enough to press charges. Had I not needed money at the time, reason why I sold what I consider the best card I've ever owned, I would have chose to press charges and have them put in jail.

It was a Timeless Treasures World Series Game Used Baseball Babe Ruth. Had stitching, and lettering and stuff. I miss it. Sad I do commend you on handling getting taken like that. A lot of people just let is go, and the thieves continue to rip people off.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

well hey guys so yea this is semi off topic, but ive been a member for awhile now and am now getting into trading..Ive made a whole 2 trades so far i ship first no problem..so im looking to trade, check out my org, and/or let me know what you guys are lookin for..ill check out some yalls orgs...thanks

Wait a minute...... people still trade on this board? I am open for trades at any time, constantly adding more schtuff weekly.. check me often... however you will send first!...hahaha

225 trades and counting....

My rule of thumb is... if I don't know you from jack, and you never post on the boards.. you'd better ship first or send me a DC..once that is received I fire my cards out.. however... since you all I am sure have cell phones... My job is to make them work where ever you are... so I get deployed regularly worldwide.. however never really gone for more then a few days.. so if my cards are late +/- a few days.. it's only because I don't trust the old lady to send anything out and I am usually on a plane.. But you can rest assure your bubble mailer will be busting with extras if I can ever find any clowns on here with Cano's I need....!!!

Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

Bad Traders/ Scammers are everywhere. I think the issue with Jakelovescards was the scope of the scam. There were dozens of people, not just one or two. Many of those were some of the most active traders on beckett. It was worsened by the fact most of us traded with him/her/ it in the past. But I think by now, most if not everyone, has moved on. I personally lost about 150$ worth of cards. But the community here and the rich pool of established traders easily makes it easy to forget one scammer.