`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Should I Price My Collection?

How Should I Price My Collection?
I am going to get out of the card game for a while. I want to sell off everything I have in one shot rather than dealing with piecing it out. I know that will result in less money and limit the market. My football collection is about $8000 in BV. I don't have anything under $15 BV (ok maybe a few Contenders autos from this year). Is 30% crazy to expect? You can check my buckets if you want to see what I have.

Thanks

RE: How Should I Price My Collection?
It's not crazy, but I wouldn't expect it. I think 20%-30% is a pretty decent range if you are going to sell as one bulk lot. (Obviously it would benefit you financially to piece it out, but I didn't want to do that either when I sold my lots.)

20-30% tops...

Unless its top of the line items, and I mean all star autos and such you wont get more than 10% unless you can wait it out. Most people cant/wont dump out 1500 all at one time unless the list is exceptional. You gotta figure most semi star autos can book for $25 but only sell for 2 or 3.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

If you are expecting 30% I'll give you that on the Ponder/Dalton/Kapernick triple...
Eddie George Super Collector

id resist selling all in 1 lot...break it out into 4 lots. you'll go from getting 10-15% to 20-30%

Talk to Chad about consignment.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Dropped you a pm buddy plmk
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Hey ed, shoot me a price. Im sure we could get together on it.
Let me know a day you can drop by the stop and well go from there

Well I just went through your photo album there and not trying to offend at all but I don't think you could get 30%. As Doc said unless it a lot of good names you would be around 10% and no offense but there's a lot of $1-2 low end cards in there. Plus guys like Matt Ryan, and Josh Freeman which are some of your bigger names aren't selling very well right now thanks to down years least year. If it was me I'd piece out the better stuff and put the rest in lots, that's the only way your not going to take a beating.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641