`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What a great All-Star Race!!!
05-19-2012, 09:23 PM
What a great All-Star Race!!!
I'm not just saying that b/c JJ won! It was very exciting and interesting throughout most of the race. The Showdown was quite exciting as well, even though Jr. lead the entire race. What a battle b/t Allmendinger and McMurray in the last 8 laps! This was the type of race I've wanted to see all year. The rest of the races had very few cautions too, but not many position changes/battles. This was the BEST race of the year to watch!!!
There have been too many races this year with a dominate driver (or a couple of drivers), very little action and it was mostly b/c of too few cautions to mix up the race. This was an excellent change of pace race. I thoroughly enjoyed this race. I was hoping to see Kasey, JG, MM, or Kyle win a segment to go along with Jimmie's Segment 1 win. After 2 drivers that I dislike won Segments 2 & 3, I was happy to see Dale Jr. take the 4th one. At least 2 HMS drivers took a segment.
Last thing to say, Carl is going to be the best analyst ever when he retires from driving. He has such a great personality and will easily transfer into a commentator when he decides to stop racing.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: What a great All-Star Race!!!
yea it was and dammit JJ pit crew beat us as well lol congrats on your guy winning

Photobucket
05-19-2012, 10:27 PM
(05-19-2012 09:47 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote:  yea it was and dammit JJ pit crew beat us as well lol congrats on your guy winning

You should be happy that JJ's crew had to actually push the car the whole length to edge out Hamlin's guys. They didn't need to do that in the other rounds to win. Wink

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree, great race! And Rick riding on the side of the car was awesome!
The pit challenge was unexpected though, how does the worst crew in the sport win that? Smile
I also agree about Carl. He is by far my favorite NASCAR personality.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
05-21-2012, 11:27 PM
(05-21-2012 09:37 AM)the great 48 Wrote:  And Rick riding on the side of the car was awesome!

That was GREAT!!! I wish that ride had lasted longer. That was a great thing to see.