`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1980s cards to sell

1980s cards to sell
My husband has a ton of 1980's baseball/football/basketball cards to sell. I'm toying with going to vintage stock to see what they'll give me for them since that's about the only place in town (Joplin MO). How much of the beckett price will a dealer typically pay for a card or set?

RE: 1980s cards to sell
depends on the cards or set. for commons, youd be lucky to get a penny each

not very much....with the way the card industry is now, unless it graded vintage cards u may get 10-20%
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

1980's baseball is really going to be hard to sell. Everyone has them, as they were massively overproduced. On a good day you may get 10% book value on mint sets or cards. (Again thats on a good day). Its hard to even give away those years. Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news.
[Image: yankeebanner.jpg]

ok, well maybe garage sale is the ticket. lol How about Beckett Monthlys in excellent condition, some sports illustrated.

If you have the #1 mag of Beckett or the Mag that gave collor images of the cards then you have something there as well. Even though there are other Beckett mags worth a little $$ but these 2 are the most hunted. I dont do mags in SI but I bet there is someone out there looking for a certain issue. Try FeeBay. As the 80s cards I have to agree with the above posts. The sets in the 80s that could bring some cash are 1982 Topps and Topps traded, 1985 Topps, 1986 topps traded, 1983 fleer, 1980 Topps.
Only if those sets are complete. Otherwise Garage sale 100 cards for 1.00 and mix match them up dont put all one year and all one brand in the bag.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

well, wouldn't you know it! My mags only go back to #3. dang, thanks for the info tho!

I would hang on to any '84 Beckett issues in excellent condition.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.