`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questons regarding nascar collecting
05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
questons regarding nascar collecting
Hi all I'm new to the racing boards but thought I'd ask some q's. I have a ton of old school stuff from inserts/#d/parallels/diecut inserts/rcs, I've listed most of that stuff and now slowly marked most but was wondering should I continue adding base of select drivers of who I guess is the Queston or when I get trades mention I haven't listed any base. I have some cards that have a nice bv nothing triple booking as I don't have many auto/race used actually only have 1 auto to trade, is is bad/reasonable to ask for an auto/raceused for some of these cards? I really have interest only in michael waltrip, rcs I don't own, select toyota drivers and somethings that catch my eye. I don't have any auto/race used of mw and want to be able to trade for them but not certain if I'd be able to due not having the right cards ie auto/raceused to trade. I don't buy boxes at all but have tons of boxes of stuff and need advise on how/what a good way to move it? Should I just trade what I can and list the base as I go, sell/trade the better inserts/#d/auto pc cards I have? but for equal cards value that are gone to be pc only. I don't want to hide the better cards or make it look like I hoard I am more of a low end collector who like quantity over quality for the most part but I like trading but some of my better cards I want a better card for not just base but at the same time I want to slim my racing down without trading for tradebait either.Have way too much in cards. I think those are the main things I needed to get out there as I'm someone who loves collecting for the fun of it,helping others with there pc and even giving free bees even if its base when trading.

Top 3 redsox autos wanted
1. Wade Boggs
2. Dustin Pedroia
3. Nomar Garciaparra

Top non redsox autos
kyle drabek
bob boone
joe niekro

Also looking for 2006 topps/chrome Declaration of Independence/ US Constitution cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2012, 09:03 PM
RE: questons regarding nascar collecting
I have listed all the cards I own. And at one point or another someone seems to come along and need something I never thought I would get rid of. ( Like those Waltrips you are getting from me Wink )
With that said, Id rather have it listed and have it set in my org for the next 5 years than to not have it listed and someone needs it... And once you put it in there, its in there. You never have to worry about it. You know it is there in case somebody needs it.

As far as trading goes, there are those out there like me who would give a $40-50 auto/mem for $40-50 worth of cards they need. Some guys will only want mem for mem and autos for autos. It just depends on the guys you come across.

Youll figure it out as you go. Hang in there and you will end up with cards you need for the ones you dont...
And somebody just pulled a Waltrip from Ignite but I think they deleted the thread...? Cause I cant find it.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
05-19-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2012 10:15 PM by spazmatastic.)
RE: questons regarding nascar collecting
I totally agree with my pal, Will (aka the great 48). I have ALL of my cards listed for every sport. Yes, it is a time-consuming project but you never know what someone will contact you about.
Personally, I trade across several sports all the time b/c they are all there in my ORG. I don't collect NBA anymore but I have lots of Celtics cards you may need and/or want. I collect everything listed in my sig. and others that are listed on my profile page.
Sometimes, I don't care if I'm trading away an AU/RU/GU for a bunch of cards that I need for PC's. Other times I want one in return. It really just depends on what exactly you are trading away or wanting in return.
The best way to go is to add everything to your ORG and see what offers show up for the cards you don't really want. You always have the option to tell someone you need more for 'that' trade or that you are willing to 'give' more to get what you want from them. Traders fall into several different categories and you just have to work with what they are looking for OR what you are looking to get for what you're trading!

GL and feel free to check out my ORG for a possible trade!
A great example of something I really didn't expect to get a trade offer for:
Someone sent me a TO about a year ago. He was collecting the 1990 and 1991 Pro Set NFL sets. They are huge sets and I have hundreds of those cards. I traded him about 250 cards from those two sets for a few dozen base/insert/parallel cards that I needed for PC's from NFL and MLB. There were no AU/RU/GU involved in that trade at all, but both of us were very happy at the end of that trade.
If I didn't have those in my ORG, he would have never known that I had all those ones he needed and I may have never known he was looking for them.
Bottom Line: You just have to figure out who/what you're working with and go from there.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]