`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice many card BV going way down?

RE: Anyone notice many card BV going way down?
(05-17-2012, 09:25 AM)usafshelland Wrote: You can't really be surprised by that... what did he do this past season? Nothing significant from what I can remember...
Not surprised at all. I just wish the openning bids and BINs reflected the downward trend as well.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

*bangs heads on desk*

half of these comments were just dead wrong

(05-17-2012, 09:25 AM)usafshelland Wrote: You can't really be surprised by that... what did he do this past season? Nothing significant from what I can remember...
A significant amount of turnovers and getting sacked a lot

(05-17-2012, 01:02 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: *bangs heads on desk*

half of these comments were just dead wrong
The almighty Jacoby has spoken. Everyone's wrong, he's right. Do me a favor and bang that head really hard, lol.

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I'm fine with it, collecting Packers and all. After the last season and the Matt Flynn spectacle against Detroit, most of my Jordy, Flynn, Matthews, Rodgers (and thanks to State Farm) Raji cards all gained value. My Nelson's doubled, Flynn added 25, and Rodger's patches rose about 20.

It was a good year to say the least.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

yeh, it's the usual spring roller coaster ride Sad

Aaron Rogers is up Smile ..... Emmitt Smith is down ??? Sad

investors (so called "collectors") follow trends and ride the band wagon ..... true collectors hold strong as they know today's "Tebow" will be next years
Danny Wuerfull Wink

(05-17-2012, 04:52 PM)pbean Wrote: yeh, it's the usual spring roller coaster ride Sad
The best one yet.
If you collected football cards and gotten the mag for a while you will see that off season, cards always drop and every 2-3 years .They all do this. Its finally adjusting to the market.(in a since) Baseball is the same way but usually not as bad as football. My personal feelings on this is football cards always comes out high then drops like a rock and baseball starts out low and skyrocket upwards.
Like right now Middlebrooks base card was listed as common and now my 1.00 common just shot to 12.00 this past month. Another is Larry Duda common and it too shot up 3-4x the first beckett value.

This trend with football and baseball has been like this for 22 years and I dont see it changing any time soon. Its the fact of the collecting world.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Im assuming there are maybe 10-20 employees at Beckett that are in charge of pricing. Now how many cards are out there? 1 million? 2 million? Maybe more??? I really dont know but what I do know it would take some serious man power to establish b/vs accurately for all the cards made which would explain why b/vs are all over the place.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(05-17-2012, 06:51 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Im assuming there are maybe 10-20 employees at Beckett that are in charge of pricing. Now how many cards are out there? 1 million? 2 million? Maybe more??? I really dont know but what I do know it would take some serious man power to establish b/vs accurately for all the cards made which would explain why b/vs are all over the place.
quite true but ..... why do the HOF'rs always take such a huge hit Sad does everybody just ride the bandwagon on "who's hot" ??? Sad just like true RC's are not even worthy to be coasters nowadays since auto's only rule the roost Sad