`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplies question.

Supplies question.
Does anyone have in their possession a bag of both Ultra Pro Card Sleeves and Ultra Pro Premium Card Sleeves? If so, which do you prefer and why?

I'm thinking of buying a couple cases of sleeves in the future and after looking at the different kinds of sleeves, I'm thinking of buying a case of the Premium for my PC cards and a case of the regulars for trading/selling. However, the Premium sleeves are $80 more a case than the regular. I want to compare and contrast (feel, fit, visibility, etc.) the two kinds of sleeves before I make my purchase. I've emailed the seller and asked if they'll mail me a sample of each so that I can do so. But I wanted to get your feedback.

All I know is I will not be going with Wal-Mart sleeves ever again. BCW is alright, but I prefer Ultra Pro. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Supplies question.
(05-15-2012, 01:18 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Does anyone have in their possession a bag of both Ultra Pro Card Sleeves and Ultra Pro Premium Card Sleeves? If so, which do you prefer and why?

I'm thinking of buying a couple cases of sleeves in the future and after looking at the different kinds of sleeves, I'm thinking of buying a case of the Premium for my PC cards and a case of the regulars for trading/selling. However, the Premium sleeves are $80 more a case than the regular. I want to compare and contrast (feel, fit, visibility, etc.) the two kinds of sleeves before I make my purchase. I've emailed the seller and asked if they'll mail me a sample of each so that I can do so. But I wanted to get your feedback.

All I know is I will not be going with Wal-Mart sleeves ever again. BCW is alright, but I prefer Ultra Pro. Thanks.
This won't be much help I'm afraid, but I have the regular Ultra Pro Card Sleeves. I have no idea if there's a difference between those and the "premium" sleeves, but the regular ones are pretty high quality, IMHO. If there's any price difference I'd say just get the regular ones, they do nicely!

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Yeah, I know the regular ones are good, I've used them many times before. I can get a case of them (10,000 count) for $50.00. But there was a time about 4 years ago when I was in my LCS at that time (lived 100+ miles from where I currently do) and the owner showed me a thicker kind of sleeve. Not thick like the ones to hold memorabilia in, but thicker plastic. They were less flimsy than a regular sleeve, but not as rigid as the thin top loaders with "Ultra Pro" at the top. If those are the same ones as the Premium sleeves I'm looking at, those go for $129.99 a case (also 10,000 count). I would love to have those thicker plastic sleeves for my PC cards. And if I remember correctly, I think the outside of the sleeve kind of had a matte like finish to them. I shouldn't expect to remember things that far back. Smile

i have the premium and regular, i actually like the regular better, first off, the premiums come in a plastic pack, kind of like a pack of cards (you have to rip it open and they dont stay in as well), the regular come in the zip lock like package, i also think the cards fit better in the regular ones. pluses for the premium are they are clearer, and they feel thicker. if i were you, i would just go with the regular ones.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I've wondered about this sort of thing as well. I've received items from eBay (never sold a single), and they come in all assorted supplies. I prefer binders for my collections, but there are a few cards I'd love to display out in singles. What's sort of the best practice? Penny sleeve inside a semi-solid toploader then inside a team bag? Or just a nice screw down? What about these magnetic or snap together deals? So many choices!

Oh, and on my binder deals, one card per pocket? I use them a lot for sorting, so I end up putting my duplicates all in one pocket. I'm sure this is just a preference thing, but experience/advice helps in this sort of thing.

The Premium are a little heavier and from what I've seen seem to fit more snug on cards consistently. I cant stand when a sleeve is too big for the card. If you like everything to be nice, clean, and consistent then the premium is the way to go. But $80 more IMO is too much for that, but some peoples OCD gets the best of them Wink
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(05-15-2012, 01:41 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: The Premium are a little heavier and from what I've seen seem to fit more snug on cards consistently. I cant stand when a sleeve is too big for the card. If you like everything to be nice, clean, and consistent then the premium is the way to go. But $80 more IMO is too much for that, but some peoples OCD gets the best of them Wink
Yes, OCD is horrible. Smile I have had people send sleeves where the cards had a half inch on one side of extra room, and it bothered the crap out of me. Then I've had some where there was a half inch or more extra room on the top of the card, and I can't stand that either. Smile I prefer them to be snug, but at the same time, I highly doubt I'll be able to get any of the GU or thicker parallels into the premium sleeves. What's the thickest you've seen fit into a Premium sleeve?
(05-15-2012, 01:36 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i have the premium and regular, i actually like the regular better, first off, the premiums come in a plastic pack, kind of like a pack of cards (you have to rip it open and they dont stay in as well), the regular come in the zip lock like package, i also think the cards fit better in the regular ones. pluses for the premium are they are clearer, and they feel thicker. if i were you, i would just go with the regular ones.
Yeah, the thicker feeling is more what I was going for than anything, but you (and crimedawg) saying they fit more snug makes me think I won't be able to fit GU in there. And my OCD doesn't want more than one kind of card sleeve being used for my PC (Organize, organize, organize, lol).
(05-15-2012, 01:40 PM)therobertogato Wrote: I've wondered about this sort of thing as well. I've received items from eBay (never sold a single), and they come in all assorted supplies. I prefer binders for my collections, but there are a few cards I'd love to display out in singles. What's sort of the best practice? Penny sleeve inside a semi-solid toploader then inside a team bag? Or just a nice screw down? What about these magnetic or snap together deals? So many choices!

Oh, and on my binder deals, one card per pocket? I use them a lot for sorting, so I end up putting my duplicates all in one pocket. I'm sure this is just a preference thing, but experience/advice helps in this sort of thing.
As far as the pages go, depending on the cards I recommend no more than two cards per slot, ONLY if you have to. I say that because when I was younger I used to put a card facing one way and a card facing another, and some times I'd have mu dupes in there so there might be 4+ cards per slot. Sadly, some got stuck to each other and even to the page itself. Also, the more you have in there, the more likely you are to ruin the edge of the cards when taking them out of the page.

As for displaying singles, depending on the card, you have many choices. For high end cards, I always recommend one touch. For lower end cards, screw downs are OK, but I'd rather the card be in a sleeve and then a clean new top loader. Doesn't necessarily have to be in a team bag, but that's a matter of preference.

I have the Pro and they work fine for me...