`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is trading activity to an all time low?

RE: Is trading activity to an all time low?
(05-15-2012, 08:24 PM)all day baby Wrote: I'm this kind of idiot. I love busting wax, and I like seeing what hits I get. Sadly, they usually aren't worth much. When someone finds a card they want, 99% of the time, they don't have any Bradford autographs. And on the bizarre chance they DO have one, they cannot find anything else on my end to equal up the trade.

In the past, I ended up selling my hits on eBay in team lots since I couldn't trade them away. Looks like I may have to do that again soon.
This is me too. I just sold all my other stuff in giant lots. The other problem I have is I really only have 2 PC's for active players. One football (Arian Foster) and one baseball (Josh Hamilton). It is now getting fairly difficult to find someone with an Arian Foster auto that I don't have. As for Josh Hamilton, I don't really collect baseball any more. So when I find someone that has one for trade, I don't have any baseball to trade for it! Guess I will have to start buying some new Bowman even though I hate it. :-(
ONE MORE BIG THING: Paypal multiorder shipping is the greatest thing ever. Once I started using that, trading is a BREEZE. I used to have to go to the UPS store every time on my lunch break from work. Now, I ordered a stock of bubble mailers from ebay, use the Paypal shipping, and stick it in the mailbox that happens to be right in the parking lot of my office. Trading really could not be any easier now, it's great.

i think its harder for the " focused" collectors.. focused i mean.. by team and or ONE certain player. I on other hand collect... everybody.. no certain player nor team(unless its sanchez or derrick morgan) think it depends on the collector.

as far as post office concerns.. i work next door to one and 3 dollars to ship any card is nothing in my book...so i dont think its post office or shipping concerns.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I don't have much to trade, mostly just some lower end tradebait items, but I do enjoy it. If I can't find anything that I need in a trade, most of the time I will look to see if I can find something for someone else, or just a similar valued card to make it work.

I also do still have loads of team base from the 80s & 90s if anyone is looking. Not in my org, but if you PM me your team I can let you know what I have. Have done some large scale team exchanges with a few members on here and they seem to be happy with the results each time.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

I've basically run into the high end card with offers of 10 low end cards. Now I've done this a few times to help out people, but its not helping me any in trying to build my collection. With me only focusing on several players, it makes it quite difficult to get any trades going as, 1 people are not willing to trade them or 2 they don't have it.

So I've been trying to trade for even trade bait, but no one is even budging. Time to light a fire under some arses and get something moving.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-16-2012, 07:55 AM)ft28jags Wrote: it has slowed a little, but i feel i make enough trades, though sometimes it is frustrating. I don't collect anything specific so I know sometimes I'm perceived as hard to deal at times because I look, like, and inquire. I'm on a few boards, some more then others, but the majority of my trades are done here.
+1000 You ARE hard to deal with! Tongue
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

LOL....get me stuff I can use and I'm rather easy to trade with Smile...
(05-16-2012, 12:07 PM)jncdrew Wrote: +1000 You ARE hard to deal with! Tongue
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Haha, LOL! I know man, I am just messin with ya! Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I love trading....though I only have a handful under my belt. Hit me up anytime for a trade! Currently looking for Marcus Trufant!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I haven't traded in a while due to a 1 year old, work, and a wife that hates the hobby. I get on this site from my phone 90% of the time. I haven't busted boxes in a few months, but I have tons of stuff to add to the org. I just don't have the time to add them anymore. I love to trade and feel like I'm pretty easy to deal with. If I have an auto of a player I don't collect and don't care for, I don't mind moving it for things I want. Even if that means "lesser" cards or multiple cards.

To answer your your original question, I feel it's the "Supercollectors" and the team collectors that don't want anything else other than those players or teams. If you put up a trade thread, but only collect 1 or 2 things, it's going to be difficult to find something you want. Everyone has to be open minded when it comes to trading. Also, there are a lot of new people on here trading and that scares a lot of people off too.

My 2 cents.

I Can agree with this assessment. When I pick up stuff I do think a few trades down the road but I tend to trade for stuff I know people I'll trade with will want
(05-16-2012, 04:50 PM)gangstippie Wrote: I haven't traded in a while due to a 1 year old, work, and a wife that hates the hobby. I get on this site from my phone 90% of the time. I haven't busted boxes in a few months, but I have tons of stuff to add to the org. I just don't have the time to add them anymore. I love to trade and feel like I'm pretty easy to deal with. If I have an auto of a player I don't collect and don't care for, I don't mind moving it for things I want. Even if that means "lesser" cards or multiple cards.

To answer your your original question, I feel it's the "Supercollectors" and the team collectors that don't want anything else other than those players or teams. If you put up a trade thread, but only collect 1 or 2 things, it's going to be difficult to find something you want. Everyone has to be open minded when it comes to trading. Also, there are a lot of new people on here trading and that scares a lot of people off too.

My 2 cents.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.