`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini Preferred Case too risky?

Panini Preferred Case too risky?
Hey everyone, I wanted to ask what you guys thought about Panini Preperred? I opened a few boxes myself and didn't do all that great... but I'm trying to complete the Olajuwon Rainbow in this set and most of the ones I need are very short print. I've been keeping an eye on it, see if it goes down in price, maybe buy a case when it goes down a bit more. Too risky?
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky?
For your goal, yeah, too risky. Hold that cash and keep your eyes open. I like the product (at least the look) and I don't care about ROI, but I'd say just wait for the card to pop up.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

If it were me, Id wait for the Fleer Retro. I want a case soooooo badly!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-15-2012, 03:10 PM)quavis Wrote: If it were me, Id wait for the Fleer Retro. I want a case soooooo badly!
That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile

For that goal you're way better off scouring the 'net for singles. The boxes have come down though, and the cases as well. Most sites have them for around $175 already down from the initial $200. When a couple more products come out they will probably dip even a little further, so if you still want a case I'd wait til it's not the newest thing and prices drop even more!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(05-15-2012, 03:11 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile
Id rather have any Olajuwan in the Retro set. What I meant was, buy the singles of Preffered, and buy a case of Retro.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-15-2012, 03:15 PM)quavis Wrote: Id rather have any Olajuwan in the Retro set. What I meant was, buy the singles of Preffered, and buy a case of Retro.
lol. Ok, got ya. Smile

I still Think Elitle Black was alot better then Preferred for the Money but tahts just me.

(05-15-2012, 03:11 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile
Lol, the funny thing is that I am getting a case of the Fleer Retro : P I think if it goes down to under $1500, I may take a chance on it, after all those Shilouette patches are sick! I don't know if the reason I haven't found the rest of the Olajuwons I need is because all are redemptions, think they'll start popping up once they start redeeming them.
(05-15-2012, 03:28 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: I still Think Elitle Black was alot better then Preferred for the Money but tahts just me.
Yeah, I've thought about that too! I just want to open a case, I guess!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

Yeah if I were gonna pick up a new case I'd probably go with Elite Black too, so much cheaper now, better looking cards too.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]