`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS JSA Mail.

BGS JSA Mail.
I few months back I picked up a variety of IP autos from a Dealer and on the 17th of March I submitted 8 cards for Authentication at a Card Store to JSA. TODAY the results finally arrived from BGS and Im pissed with the results. Out of a total 8 cards on 2 passed authentication. I got ahold of the seller of the cards and let him know how angry I am with the results and he has offered to exchange the cards. No Im stuck trying to figure out what in his inventory is authentic and what isnt. Oh well. Here are the 2 that passed.

[Image: bc07899e.jpg]

BGS came in last week, Ill start off with this CP3 that I had pulled way back when the product dropped and out of the blue I thought I should send it in to get graded when I was looking through my older stuff.
[Image: f0b103a0.jpg]
/199

Heres a couple nice Ewing Pop 1s
[Image: 74f9bd57.jpg]
The Refractor was a RCR and the portrait was raw.

Heres a Picture with the other Pop 1s Ive picked up here and there.
[Image: 2243fb3d.jpg]

Too Bad the Season is over for the Knicks, but here is a nice PC addition, It came straight from Panini and I dropped it off to BGS. Im glad with the results as its Jersey Numbered.
[Image: 02442a11.jpg]
1/25

Here are a couple other Group Shots I wanted to take.
[Image: 0f346cc0.jpg]
[Image: 953e0ff7.jpg]

Will probably get some more cards in this week, Ill add them here in the update.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

RE: BGS JSA Mail.
You should consider yourself lucky. At least he gave you that option. Its not the sellrs fault you bought the lot. You took the gamble. Nice grades on everything! Congrats. Remeber everything is buyer beware. Everything.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

is it just me or i am seeing double graded cards

Do you mean the grade on the auto?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I think he means that xarzy took pictures of them separately and then group shots. In which case, yes, you are seeing double graded cards.

(05-15-2012, 11:18 AM)quavis Wrote: You should consider yourself lucky. At least he gave you that option. Its not the sellrs fault you bought the lot. You took the gamble. Nice grades on everything! Congrats. Remeber everything is buyer beware. Everything.
Seller is covering his end because it would be bad for business if word got out that he was selling stuff that wasnt passing authentication (Specially when one of the cards cost $300). I wont accuse him of anything and will just be picky with my selection next time around.

(05-15-2012, 02:02 PM)xarzy Wrote: Seller is covering his end because it would be bad for business if word got out that he was selling stuff that wasnt passing authentication (Specially when one of the cards cost $300). I wont accuse him of anything and will just be picky with my selection next time around.
Well, while two were Authenticated, I would still be very cautious. There have been reports that even JSA missed forgeries at time. I guess that's why a lot of people prefer PSA/DNA for IP AU. Either way, I like the Barkley. Any reason you didn't get it graded as well?
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-15-2012, 02:07 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Well, while two were Authenticated, I would still be very cautious. There have been reports that even JSA missed forgeries at time. I guess that's why a lot of people prefer PSA/DNA for IP AU. Either way, I like the Barkley. Any reason you didn't get it graded as well?
From the Lot I submitted only 2 were from other sources other than the dealer, 1 being the Barkley, the other an Ewing I couldve sworn looked real other than some streaking. the wooden along with 5 other cards were from this dealer.

JSA has been harsh in the past with auto grades on barkleys for me, so I decided to authenticate only as opposed to risk getting a 8-9 auto grade like in the past.

(05-15-2012, 02:49 PM)xarzy Wrote: From the Lot I submitted only 2 were from other sources other than the dealer, 1 being the Barkley, the other an Ewing I couldve sworn looked real other than some streaking. the wooden along with 5 other cards were from this dealer.

JSA has been harsh in the past with auto grades on barkleys for me, so I decided to authenticate only as opposed to risk getting a 8-9 auto grade like in the past.
Understandable. But I was also referring to the card itself. Are they pretty dinged up (7 or lower)?
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-15-2012, 02:56 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Understandable. But I was also referring to the card itself. Are they pretty dinged up (7 or lower)?
JSA hasnt offered this option of card grading + aauto grading to me when Ive submitted cards. I wouldnt consider it either unless the card was a self obtained IP auto and the card was in impecable condition since I just cant stand the silvers, I always sell them out quickly.

The Barkley I had auto-graded received a low grade, and I couldnt handle the silver auto label so I sold it shortly after getting it back. The two that came in were in decent condition but the barkley is actually a sticker so Its very up in the air as to how they grade it because they might find weird sticker flaws etc.