Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mini Rant: Card Conditions

RE: Mini Rant: Card Conditions
(05-14-2012, 11:28 PM)buckunteer Wrote: LMAO +100000

My fiancee pretty much keeps to herself when it comes to the cards w/ the exception of helping me bust the occasional box, so thankfully this isn't a problem Smile
Oh, my wife used to have much better luck than I did at busting. Bought a retail box of 2008-09 MVP, guaranteed 1 hit (this was the bigger box), she pulled a Bargnani (I think) patch /25 and a dual AU (Korver and someone else). Then another time, they had Bowman Blister Packs for $1.79. We cleaned the shelves. Went home split them, 13 me, 12 her. What does she pull? Doesn't matter much now, but it was a Greg Oden GU /25. What did I pull? NOTHING!!! She's pulled a 2008-09 Hot Prospects Red Steve Nash /25 from a blaster. She even pulled a Bob Eubanks Mem card from Donruss Americana /500. She's had some of my best pulls, all from retail. Smile But she does it just to tease. She learned her lesson a long time ago and whenever I show anyone my collection, the first thing she does is explain to them how to hold the cards. IF they aren't in a sleeve, you hold then on the edges. If they are in a sleeve, you can hold them front and back. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-14-2012, 11:38 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Oh, my wife used to have much better luck than I did at busting. Bought a retail box of 2008-09 MVP, guaranteed 1 hit (this was the bigger box), she pulled a Bargnani (I think) patch /25 and a dual AU (Korver and someone else). Then another time, they had Bowman Blister Packs for $1.79. We cleaned the shelves. Went home split them, 13 me, 12 her. What does she pull? Doesn't matter much now, but it was a Greg Oden GU /25. What did I pull? NOTHING!!! She's pulled a 2008-09 Hot Prospects Red Steve Nash /25 from a blaster. She even pulled a Bob Eubanks Mem card from Donruss Americana /500. She's had some of my best pulls, all from retail. Smile But she does it just to tease. She learned her lesson a long time ago and whenever I show anyone my collection, the first thing she does is explain to them how to hold the cards. IF they aren't in a sleeve, you hold then on the edges. If they are in a sleeve, you can hold them front and back. Smile
Just Remember Jay every card i've ever Sent you i've touched the Front and Back Wink

(05-14-2012, 11:45 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Just Remember Jay every card i've ever Sent you i've touched the Front and Back Wink
Yes, I know. I saw the finger prints and the peanut butter and jelly stains. You really need to tell your mom to get you the crustables, they're less messy. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

lol, crustables, i love it!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(05-14-2012, 04:35 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i see what youre saying xstream, but for me, 98% of my breaks are in my home with sleeves, toploaders, and platiunum pages next to me, and i am anal with how i handle my cards. i dont remember this issue being brought up until beckett changed the condition stuff, which i still think was a bad idea, now we have traders being divided.
I'm on the same page as you here. All of the product I pull goes directly into sleeves and top loaders, so they are kept mint, or pack fresh as it were. I'm not saying they are going to grade a 10 but you'd be hard pressed to get anything less than a 9. Gold Standard cards for instance how many graded ones have you seen at less than a 9, 1% maybe?

I do not mark all of my cards at mint, I actually access the condition. Older cards that I have had for years are left at the default. But a fresh
break of Gold Standard is going to be set at Mint. That isn't me trying to get more value for my cards, that is being accurate with the condition. The price difference does not bother me. I would obviously pay more for a BGS 9+ than a BGS 8-8.5. I trade cards I have marked as mint for ones that are marked near mint all of the time and vice versa. And I have never been agitated with a card I received and how it had been marked.

If you think your card is mint, mark it as such. Don't just arbitrarily change your conditions because mine are mint. If we both leave our cards at the default and I send you a 10 and you send me an 8, how is that "fair"? Use the conditional value tool as it was meant to be utilized. It is there for our benefit. It should not be a point of contention.