`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Topps Tribute Relic Uncorrected Error?

2009 Topps Tribute Relic Uncorrected Error?
Can anyone validate with certainty that these are uncorrected errors?

I recently acquired a Jay Bruce auto bat relic /75 but the back of the card states that it's an "autographed JERSEY relic card". I noticed on ebay that all similar SINGLE relic cards are bats and not jerseys. Jerseys only seem to appear in dual or greater relic cards.

I went through my other 2009 Tributes and found a similar issue with Sal Bando Auto Single relics. The two Bando cards I have are bats but state "jersey" on the back.

Thanks for the input.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: 2009 Topps Tribute Relic Uncorrected Error?
they really screwed it up... I have a couple that are the same as your Jay Bruce and there's not much that Topps could do for me. Sad
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(05-14-2012, 06:50 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: they really screwed it up... I have a couple that are the same as your Jay Bruce and there's not much that Topps could do for me. Sad
Thanks for the reply. Whenever I spot errors, I always start to hope that I have something unique. Doesn't sound like it in this case.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I try to not read the back of the card or fine print. When I read, "The relics contained on this card are not from any specific game, event, or season" it scares me. Maybe we are not receiving game used memorabilia at all!

At least upper deck had a picture of the entire bat/jersey/base and often included a game/date when the piece was used.

Would anyone be surprised if Topps started buying jerseys from ... I dont know ... sports authority? I bet they did that with the leather nameplate cards found in 2011 topps Wink
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

I play recreational slow-pitch co-ed softball on Friday nights, Topps bought the jerseys our team used last year for some reason...something about "special appearance in 2012 product line" or something. Seemed legit to me!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]