Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jose Altuve Signing?

Jose Altuve Signing?
Hello All,

Jose Altuve will be signing free autograhs at the Astros team store this Saturday May 19th. I have a couple of his Bowman Sterling RC, #'d/199

My question is, if I have him autograph them, will this deface the value of the card if I were to have it graded, Surface concern.

If it will not hurt the grade or value of the card in a negative way, should he sign it in Black or Blue sharpie?

An autograph should raise the value of a card right?

My last question is, after getting the autograph and sending the card in to be graded, is it possible for the grading company to claim that the autograph is not real when it fact it is. Do we have to prove it in someway with video or a picture of the player when he is signing it?

Sorry, lots of questions, I know. Just want to know what would be best.

Thanks

RE: Jose Altuve Signing?
It will hurt the grade of the card as a IP or In-Person singing is considered a major surface flaw.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I remember last year I went to a cardinals game and sat in big mac land and they were playing the astros. This was right after altuve was called up, and i remember everyone around me was laughing and making fun of altuve because he was so small but then he had like 3 doubles that bounced off the wall and a couple rbi's. The people sittin around me weren't laughing anymore. But the cards still won! Just thought I would share. Haha.
[Image: 0mgee.png]

Autographs will increase the value of the card up to a certain price point. If the card turns out to be worth a lot of money then it usually hurts the value. I would pick out a card that is not mint to get signed. In order to have the card graded you have to submit the card to JSA first for the autograph to be authenticated. I would still take a picture of him signing the card as proof and submit a copy to JSA. I have seen cards grade 9.5 that have been signed so I dont think an auto has much effect on the grade, you should email Beckett to make sure. Have him sign it in the color that shows up best. Take your own new sharpie. Do a practice run first, I like to sign a penny sleeve so I can see how the auto will look on card and the best position.

Thanks for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

(05-14-2012, 01:43 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: Autographs will increase the value of the card up to a certain price point. If the card turns out to be worth a lot of money then it usually hurts the value. I would pick out a card that is not mint to get signed. In order to have the card graded you have to submit the card to JSA first for the autograph to be authenticated. I would still take a picture of him signing the card as proof and submit a copy to JSA. I have seen cards grade 9.5 that have been signed so I dont think an auto has much effect on the grade, you should email Beckett to make sure. Have him sign it in the color that shows up best. Take your own new sharpie. Do a practice run first, I like to sign a penny sleeve so I can see how the auto will look on card and the best position.
Where have you seen a JSA authenticated card grade a 9.5 that was not pack pulled? If it was pack pulled yes as the auto is intended to be there, but any IP autos will kill the surface grade of the card.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

So a crappy looking sticker auto could get a mint grade but an authenticated, IP auto is a detriment to the cards grade and value? With the exception of the Lin card mentioned above. A bunch of BS IMO.

Don't sign a serial number card. Get a regular bowman or tops card to get sign.

so what time is he signing? would love to get his auto

Time is at 2pm for 1 hour.
Correction from 1 to 2pm.