`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Visit To Marlins Park

OT: Visit To Marlins Park
I was in Florida on business and thought I would catch the Marlins - Mets game Friday night. Picked up some tickets and treated some friends to a night at the park.

Highlights of the evening:

1. Diamond dugout seating. Didn't realize when I bought the tickets that it came with free food both at the seats and in the Diamond restaurant! The plus was I didn't know that what I had bought were tickets in the owners box!

[Image: t.jpg]

2. One way mirrored batting cage. Got to watch Ramirez, Stanton, Reyes, all up close.

3. Hanley Ramirez auto. Our seats where right next to the Marlins dugout. Hanley was gentleman and signed a ball for me. Couldn't get at Stanton or Reyes or others but Hanley was the man.

[Image: HanleyRamirezball.jpg]

4. One seat behind the Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria. Got to talk to him at the end of the game...thank God they won!

[Image: photo.jpg]

5. Seeing Mike...er, I mean Giancarlo Stanton up close. The dude is HUGE!

[Image: StantoninDugout.jpg]

6. Meeting Johnny, former head of Marlin security. He was walking around with the huge 2003 Marlins WS ring. I asked him if I could get a picture of it - he took it off and handed it to me. I had a WS ring on my hand...how awesome was that! It wasn't even on my bucket list but now it is and is crossed off!

[Image: 88.jpg]

[Image: ring2.jpg]

7. Watching the Marlins come from behind and win it in the bottom of the ninth! What an incredible end to an incredible daySmile

[Image: 86.jpg]

Here is the photobucket link to the rest of the pics at the park!

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514...=slideshow

Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

RE: OT: Visit To Marlins Park
Awesome seats, love how the Mets fans are louder than the Marlins fans.

Yep, Mets fans are just plain better!
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

+1 I will agree that the Mets fans were pretty much louder than the Marlin fans. But then it dawned on me how many people from NY retire to Florida! I guess they feel a sense of betrayal rooting against one of their old home teams!

We're you at the game?

(05-13-2012, 04:23 PM)Merovius Wrote: Awesome seats, love how the Mets fans are louder than the Marlins fans.

Yep, Mets fans are just plain better!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

thanks for sharing really enjoyed the stories and pics