`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customizing jersey cards

Customizing jersey cards
I gotta say, I saw something disturbing at the card show I went to today. One of the sellers was selling custom made cards containing patches, laundry tags and logo shields. Many of the cards looked like they had been done well, and to the untrained or uninformed buyer, they would believe that they were authentic. To the seller's defense, he did tell any prospective buyer that they were customized by himself. He told me he scours thrift stores for old jerseys and uses the materials from them to insert into the cards. I have seen a few of these on ebay being labeled as "Custom Made Art". With all the fake patches floating around the card collecting marketplace, is there really an ethical place for this sort of stuff? What exactly is a buyer getting for his money? A fake patch card. I put this crap in the same league as the new "grab bag" offers going on the bay. It's just like telling people back in the 80s that the bobo promos that we saw millions of were going to be worth a ton of money in the future.
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: Customizing jersey cards
I started getting those auctions in my searches until I excluded them. I'm not in the market for custom made cards, but I'm sure some are. The sad thing is... most people won't tell you it is a custom card. Most are patch-fakers. At least one is a total idiot, because he SOLD his cut-up patches --

[Image: 4877_1.jpg]
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

on the flip side, it's fun making your own "patch cards" ..... you can play with cards that "never were" and as long as you do it as a hobby vs. a source of income I don't see the harm. Wink

Panini has taken some of my ideas/concepts to their design dept. and maybe I'll see some of my "work" in production one day Smile

so I guess as long as you're informed that it is not a real card I don't really see a problem with custom cards .....

As long as they are sold/traded as custom home made cards, I am all for it... I have seen some of them on the bay, and I like them myself... I wouldn't mind adding a few to the PC... If anyone evert makes any of my forgotten player...Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

It's absolutely ethical, as long as he doesn't try to pass them off as not-custom.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I will say people adding inscriptions to real autos is troubling. If they are up front with the custom cards, I don't see anything wrong with them but as we all know. Not everyone is honest and people will try to rip others off. I wouldn't mind a custom jersey card of Malcolm Jenkins though. He doesn't have any jersey cards. Not sure why. First round pick and Jim Thorpe award winner. You would think he'd have at least 1-2 of them. Lets face it though. The card companies make "manufactured patch" cards not to mention the "event worn" cards.
[Image: jenkins_banner_ani.gif]

(05-13-2012, 04:58 AM)all day baby Wrote: I started getting those auctions in my searches until I excluded them. I'm not in the market for custom made cards, but I'm sure some are. The sad thing is... most people won't tell you it is a custom card. Most are patch-fakers. At least one is a total idiot, because he SOLD his cut-up patches --

[Image: 4877_1.jpg]
That's the picture you found when we were all trying to get uniquedesigns to pull his head out of you know what when there was a patch faking thread? WAY back during beta right?
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]