`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cal RIpken 1982 TT

Cal RIpken 1982 TT
I see there is one on the auction site. According to Beckett the Population report has this card as only 88 BGS 9.5's. Then the OPG has this card listed for over $2k. What do you all think the long term investment is on this card?

RE: Cal RIpken 1982 TT
wont go higher..other 9.5's will pop up over time, diluting the market if only slightly. wont decrease either, but any gains will be nominal

I picked up a PSA 8 Autographed version already. Think I may want a 9.5 now.

card has peaked in value IMO... back before the internet this thing would have fetched triple what it sells for now at card shows.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I have a bgs 8 I couldt afford anything higher...... I actually bought it pretty cheap from what Ive seen onn ebay. Back to your original question, I dont think it will increase in value anymore than what it already is. PErsonally Injust had to have one in roder to have all 4 of his rcs.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-14-2012, 10:35 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: PErsonally Injust had to have one in roder to have all 4 of his rcs.
That is a perfect reason to buy one. With all the crazy cards out there now, it is nice to have someone say "all 4 of his rcs". Now people we will never hear of in five years are practically born with more than four RCs. I remember one day years ago (before the infamous home run race) deciding I wanted all Sammy Sosa's RCs. I walked into my local shop and bought all but one right there at that moment. Now it is a little tougher to get "all" the RCs. There are so many sometimes, and they can be so rare.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.