`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good thing or bad thing and is there an explanation?

Good thing or bad thing and is there an explanation?
As I expressed in my 2011-12 Panini Past and Present preview I posted earlier, I really like the Breakout insert set. I don't normally go after insert sets because normally they aren't much of a chase. Parallels, full base sets, autograph sets are more difficult. So I decided I may go for the insert set and the autograph parallel set. But when I was looking at the Checklist for it, I noticed that there are 6 cards not in the Autograph version. They are:

John Wall (Panini Spokesperson)
Brandon Jennings
Tyler Hansbrough
Andrew Bynum
O.J. Mayo
Ricky Rubio

Now, this is coming from an excel file from Panini that they had in the blog post. But somehow I doubt that their extract didn't work or they were forgotten. But it raises a few questions. Though I don't like redemptions, are these going to be redemptions and if not, why? Now, because I don't like redemptions, I'm not too worried about it. But it would kind of feel incomplete without having all 30. Mind you, there are some names in there that are going to make it hard for me to complete the set due to financial reasons. Here's a list of the insert set and the Autograph Parallel.

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout
1Blake Griffin
2John Wall
3DeMarcus Cousins
4Stephen Curry
5Brandon Jennings
6Taj Gibson
7Tyler Hansbrough
8Tyreke Evans
9Brook Lopez
10Eric Gordon
11Andrew Bynum
12Derrick Rose
13Russell Westbrook
14Kevin Love
15DeJuan Blair
16James Harden
17Jrue Holiday
18Wesley Matthews
19Derrick Favors
20Landry Fields
21Greg Monroe
22Jeremy Lin
23Serge Ibaka
24Eric Bledsoe
25DeMar DeRozan
26Gordon Hayward
27Danilo Gallinari
28Michael Beasley
29O.J. Mayo
30Ricky Rubio

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout Signatures
1Blake Griffin
3DeMarcus Cousins
4Stephen Curry
6Taj Gibson
8Tyreke Evans
9Brook Lopez
10Eric Gordon
12Derrick Rose
13Russell Westbrook
14Kevin Love
15DeJuan Blair
16James Harden
17Jrue Holiday
18Wesley Matthews
19Derrick Favors
20Landry Fields
21Greg Monroe
22Jeremy Lin
23Serge Ibaka
24Eric Bledsoe
25DeMar DeRozan
26Gordon Hayward
27Danilo Gallinari
28Michael Beasley

Now, I noticed that they have an autograph version of the commons as well and not every common has autograph versions. Does anyone else think that they shouldn't do something like that? Also, it appears that the only cards numbered in this product are the patches, none of the autographs are numbered (according to this excel file). Maybe it's just an exclusion.

Future Contest

I have a feeling I'll be buying most of the Autographs to complete the set. I am going to try and get the bigger names in graded version (unless I can pick up a few boxes and be lucky enough to pull them). I eventually want to have the entire insert autograph set graded. Once I've completed the set, I'll be holding a contest. I'll tell each of you how many of the cards I purchased, and how many were graded. I will not be showing off the cards as I buy them. Once I give the number of cards bought and how many were bought graded, you will have to tell me how much you think I spent on completing the set. Trades I'll put a value of $2 on. But, I'm not going to tell you how many trades I needed to make (maybe I got four in one trade). The prize will be determined at that time.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Good thing or bad thing and is there an explanation?
So this Contest is gonna take place like 5 years in the Future is what your saying LOL jk

(05-11-2012, 03:56 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: So this Contest is gonna take place like 5 years in the Future is what your saying LOL jk
lol. I hope not. Smile First endeavor, supplies. Second endeavor, finish current sets. Then start on these two sets and try to finish them quickly. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

For a product called past an present.dont see much past...a
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-11-2012, 05:03 PM)quavis Wrote: For a product called past an present.dont see much past...a
+1 So far, not too interested in this product. Yes, I would hate the auto version set, since it would not be complete.. I hate when card companies do this... if they can't get a complete set, why put it out...

I'm still upset with UD, for not producing 4 cards out of Ultimate 2006-07.. This was the set that got me back into collecting, after stopping around 2001. I fell in love with the Ultimate Signature set & Legends subset.. now, I will forever feel like my set will never be complete...

on a side note, I have an extra set FT/FS.. missing three Legends cards, but have all the base & non-auto rookies.. also, a handful of RC/autos that I have are duplicate.. forgot total number.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*