`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 Panini Past and Present Preview

2011-12 Panini Past and Present Preview
Now, Beckett has already done their First Look into the 2011-12 Panini Past and Present Basketball. However, I think the images they received didn't do some of the cards justice, well one insert set in particular.

I know, these are the same kinds of cards we got in the 90's (I don't ever expect those kinds of inserts to ever come back, Sad ), but this insert set might give me that old school feel and might be one of few insert sets I actually go after.

Yesterday on A Knight's Lance, Panini shared a LOT of photos from the product, including cards with Ricky Rubio on them (not deemed a Rookie though) and there are probably other rookies on some cards. They also show what the redemption cards will look like (it appears there will be a live draft revealing what each redemption is for). It also appears all of the redemptions will be autographed, so I'm not sure if there will be any plain Jane base rookies of any players.

Anyways, the insert set I seem to like the most just from the images is the Breakout set. It looks like it will be embossed and should be pretty cool to touch (I only touch embossed through sleeves, so don't worry about finger prints from me, lol). Here are some of the images they have on the blog post (if you're too lazy to go look at the blog).

And then there's this set that will have a textile finish to it as well, but the basketball textile has been used often before (not necessarily by Panini though).

And I'm not sure, as it doesn't have a name on it, but I think this is the Raining Threes set which also has a textile finish (from what it looks like, left side).

And here are a few pics from the other designs in the set as well.

I recommend checking out the blog post if you have the time and capability. I'm glad they went after people with very few if no certified autographs for the Elusive Ink set. Hopefully this product isn't too high. I like the old school feel to some of it, might be something I go after (after my current endeavor). Hope you enjoyed.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: 2011-12 Panini Past and Present Preview
Some ugly stuff and some Decent looking stuff there.. Not sure i get the whole Bread for insserts and the Changing Times Insert..

I looked at all of the blog posts Panini has about Past and Present and this is what I gather. The "Bread for" inserts are in relation to the cards that used to come when people bought a loaf of bread. The Changing times insert actually has different textile depending on the time. For instance:

The textile on this picture is how old basketballs used to be, no grip kind of:

However, this from a current player, shows the different textile to represent the grip on the ball:

Does that help explain it some? I mean, I would have rather them taking it a little farther and having a parallel of a game used ball (the player didn't even have to use it, just an actual NBA game used ball) but I'm sure it's hard to get basketballs from that far back that are authenticated. And who'd want to ruin one anyways? Smile

But why do we need these Inserts? I miss the Old All NBA Team and All Rookie Team insert they used to come out with

I don't know the answer to that one. Smile I mean, I guess it's because most people say they want something new and innovative, but there are some that want the same that is new and innovative. Smile It's like how 2011-12 Gold Standard PRETTY much has the same inserts, but they look different.

not gonna lie....for bill walton to have such a man beard, that is the most feminine stance ever for a photo shot.....
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

(05-11-2012, 12:26 PM)natebuzzadams2 Wrote: not gonna lie....for bill walton to have such a man beard, that is the most feminine stance ever for a photo shot.....
Man i was saying the same thing LOL Why did they have to show hiim with that Limp Wrist. Total Dissrespect LOL

he's like "heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" lol
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

(05-11-2012, 02:28 PM)natebuzzadams2 Wrote: he's like "heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" lol
lmao, thats some funny stuff!!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Looks like they had plenty of time to get Jeremy Lin in a Knicks uniform, John Wall in a Wizards uni, or Rubio in a T-Wolves uni, but not Brandon Knight in a Pistons uniform?

I hate you panini.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector