`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 Panini Past and Present Preview

RE: 2011-12 Panini Past and Present Preview

Man, I can't wait to go to Target or WalMart and pull some rookie cards out of blasters ...

Oh, wait.

Uh, pass.

(05-11-2012, 07:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Man, I can't wait to go to Target or WalMart and pull some rookie cards out of blasters ...

Oh, wait.

Uh, pass.
At $5 SRP a pack, I'm not sure if they'll have any blasters, but if they do, I may pick one or two up (in time).
(05-11-2012, 06:30 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Looks like they had plenty of time to get Jeremy Lin in a Knicks uniform, John Wall in a Wizards uni, or Rubio in a T-Wolves uni, but not Brandon Knight in a Pistons uniform?

I hate you panini.
My guess is he will be one of the redemption cards easily, but I don't think he had a Breakout year (though I thought it was very efficient) and the Pistons didn't do great, so there isn't much reason to put him in the Breakout insert or others that they have up there. Rubio, before injury, was having a breakout year.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Anything that advertises Bryant "Big Country" Reeves autos can't possibly be taken seriously...

(05-11-2012, 11:25 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Anything that advertises Bryant "Big Country" Reeves autos can't possibly be taken seriously...
Amen. +1 million
(05-11-2012, 09:41 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: At $5 SRP a pack, I'm not sure if they'll have any blasters, but if they do, I may pick one or two up (in time).

My guess is he will be one of the redemption cards easily, but I don't think he had a Breakout year (though I thought it was very efficient) and the Pistons didn't do great, so there isn't much reason to put him in the Breakout insert or others that they have up there. Rubio, before injury, was having a breakout year.

I was being sarcastic about the blasters. Will not touch this or any other Panini basketball product until next year, at least.

They did an awful job this year, and the lockout is just an excuse.

I mean, they can't even put out one of those "Rated Rookie" box sets for basketball like they did with 2010 Football?

Put one crappy auto in it for $19.99 and I'll definitely buy one, just to have NBA rookies in their uniforms ...

Or heaven forbid an update set this summer ...

(05-11-2012, 11:25 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Anything that advertises Bryant "Big Country" Reeves autos can't possibly be taken seriously...
They went out and got Guys to sign who didnt have Many Certified Auto's that the Elusive set they made.. I think its kinda a cool Idea and one i considering going. But i gonna look at the Checklist first.

(05-11-2012, 11:35 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: They went out and got Guys to sign who didnt have Many Certified Auto's that the Elusive set they made.. I think its kinda a cool Idea and one i considering going. But i gonna look at the Checklist first.
Agreed. It is cool they got new people to sign but Reeves is an odd choice given he played a mediocre 5 years.

Really? Bread for energy? Isp that the best they can do?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Also, has anyone noticed how fast panini photoshopped all these rookies out of the 2012 NFL draft into their pro uniforms on cards? panini just doesnt care about the basketball collectors, if they did, or if they had any competition they would have been forced to do something this year. I still dont understand the logic of no season update this year.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector