IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
3 Packs of BTP's

RE: 3 Packs of BTP's
i was asked not to be civil :p

(05-11-2012, 12:57 PM)The-Joker Wrote: Pretty easy response for me... it messes up the chances for the next guy or kid who is hoping for a hit. One can talk all day about human impulses, lottery tickets, and all sorts of analogies. It comes down to fairness, kindness, and respect for the hobby. We all have different principles, mine happen to be against pack searching. That's all.
...and yet it still doesnt change the fact that there are still 2 hits in the box (autos) as well as the mask cards. The mask cards would be better "hits" than an alex auld 1 clr jersey...

(05-11-2012, 10:20 PM)shotsavereboundscore Wrote: ...and yet it still doesnt change the fact that there are still 2 hits in the box (autos) as well as the mask cards. The mask cards would be better "hits" than an alex auld 1 clr jersey...
and you are still missing the entire point

Yep, just gonna say it's pretty pathetic

That is all.

wow.. admitting to the one thing all decent collectors hate freely on the board is quite the ***** move. I don't collect hockey and I hear enough of this garbage on the baseball boards. glad I don't bust wax anymore. makes me wonder what else you and some of these others consider alright in life
no org, please do not send trade requests

all i know is the reason products like SPGU are doing redemptions is directly because of pack searching, now instead of pulling that sweet hit, i pull a redemption card and have to wait months to see it... That alone is why i do not buy from open boxes, even though my LCS guy is very very honest. ill stick to the unopened boxes to avoid being the guy behind a pack searcher
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

(05-13-2012, 02:52 PM)rczubaty Wrote: all i know is the reason products like SPGU are doing redemptions is directly because of pack searching, now instead of pulling that sweet hit, i pull a redemption card and have to wait months to see it... That alone is why i do not buy from open boxes, even though my LCS guy is very very honest. ill stick to the unopened boxes to avoid being the guy behind a pack searcher
Redemptions have nothing to to with this and are ENTIRELY due to the fact that the card company is waiting on the player to sign and return the cards.

As far as open boxes, it all depends on your LCS. I know that I have had good luck with mine, who do not let people handle the packs any longer than it takes to grab a few.

My LCS owner has even gone far enough to offer to open a new box for me if there are only 3 or 4 packs left and he knows that all the hits are gone.

Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

(05-13-2012, 03:34 PM)adamslogik Wrote: Redemptions have nothing to to with this and are ENTIRELY due to the fact that the card company is waiting on the player to sign and return the cards.
+1

My closest LCS has the boxes on a shelf on the wall and if you want a pack you tell him and he will get it for you
Another one I used to go to would make a big production out of opening a box in front of you, dumping them out on a table and putting them back into to box and letting you take your pack off of the top.
This way everyone had a even chance at the good cards. This was back in the day when Upper Deck's rotation was well known... open one pack and see what cards were and you could look it up on a list and know how many packs down was the Griffy Jr. rookie card pack.

Ray

Please check the mentality and level of intelligence here. The individual starting this thread cannot a) spell, or b) write complete sentences. What does this say about pack searchers? At least one of them is a total idiot.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.