`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
98x 5000 Count HodgePodge - Requests?
05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: 98x 5000 Count HodgePodge - Requests?
(05-09-2012 12:55 PM)buckunteer Wrote:  I would love to do something like this personally, but I can't imagine being able to store that many cards in my sub-1000 sq. ft. apartment lol

lol. I can understand that one. I had thought about doing something like this once, but knew that I wouldn't have the time to go through them all and my OCD would want them all sorted properly, sleeved and updated in my Organize. I do think that when I finish my current task, I'm going to save up as much as I can, go to the closest LCS and stay the entire day, pulling all of the cards I need for my PCs and then seeing how much they'll sell them for without me mentioning how much I have. Smile

To the OP, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the lot? Thanks.

TOS-Read it
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,717+ diff Pistons cards

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, and Cubs, since you're asking.

JonathanI

I look for career Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Fire, Red Stars, and Sky players in their respective Halls of Fame. Add to that list some personal favorites on the current rosters, and everything else in my collection is up for trade.
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
(05-09-2012 12:58 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  To the OP, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the lot? Thanks.

$5 a box, 98 boxes = $490 investment

[Image: beckett_sig_20140110.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
(05-09-2012 01:59 PM)aktlingit Wrote:  $5 a box, 98 boxes = $490 investment

Dang, that ain't bad if you ask me. I know each box may not contain 5000 cards, but if they did, you essentially got 10 cards per penny. And I'm pretty sure there's some way you can make your money back with that lot, whether it be through trade, selling to one of those companies who make the mixed boxes, or making mixed boxes of your own (100 cards for $1 + shipping).

TOS-Read it

05-10-2012, 09:37 AM
(05-10-2012 07:29 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  Dang, that ain't bad if you ask me. I know each box may not contain 5000 cards, but if they did, you essentially got 10 cards per penny. And I'm pretty sure there's some way you can make your money back with that lot, whether it be through trade, selling to one of those companies who make the mixed boxes, or making mixed boxes of your own (100 cards for $1 + shipping).

Yep, I'm happy with the price and as I mentioned in a few of the threads (yes I spammed a little in order to let collectors from all the different sports know in case they were looking for something specific) that I already pulled 24x Jeters and saw some other rookies of Favre, Mourning, etc. I've actually put together a collection in my ORG to list the "money" cards to see what kind of ROI I get just from those.

And as you previously said, the OCD side of me is driving me nuts - sleeved, sorted, ORGd. I need to drop about $2500 just on sleeves to get this the way I really want it lol

[Image: beckett_sig_20140110.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

05-10-2012, 09:50 AM
(05-10-2012 09:37 AM)aktlingit Wrote:  Yep, I'm happy with the price and as I mentioned in a few of the threads (yes I spammed a little in order to let collectors from all the different sports know in case they were looking for something specific) that I already pulled 24x Jeters and saw some other rookies of Favre, Mourning, etc. I've actually put together a collection in my ORG to list the "money" cards to see what kind of ROI I get just from those.

And as you previously said, the OCD side of me is driving me nuts - sleeved, sorted, ORGd. I need to drop about $2500 just on sleeves to get this the way I really want it lol

Pshhh, you don't have to explain that part to me. I'm currently trying to sell what I can, no matter how cheaply really, so I can save up for the supplies I want. I'm going to start off simple, well, relatively. About $300 and I should be able to get 3 cases of sleeves (30,000 sleeves), a 25ct of 1600ct two row boxes, 2-3 cases of Bubble Mailers #000 (for selling/trading), some dividers for the boxes (so I can label them at least by year (to begin with), team bags (for selling/trading) and other miscellaneous supplies I may need. My OCD wants everything brand spanking new and all from the same place (I hate having different kinds of sleeves, different sized boxes, etc.). Like I said, I'm quite OCD about my cards. Smile I'm currently adding every Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, Pistons and Shock (Detroit) cards to my Organize that isn't already in there so I can estimate further down the line how many more supplies I'll need. Not that I'll ever achieve owning one of every card, especially really low numbered ones, but better safe than sorry. If you find any deals on bulk supplies, please PM me so that I can see if they're better than the prices I'm looking at. And maybe by the time I'm done getting my supplies, you'll have gone through most of your stuff and we can work out a price on a bulk lot as I know you'll have plenty of Tigers, Red Wings and Lions that I don't (I just started collecting them really). Thanks.

TOS-Read it