`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
PLEASE HELP 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD NEED SOME INFO!

PLEASE HELP 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD NEED SOME INFO!
HELLO EVERYBODY. I'M NEW TO BASEBALL WORLD SO I NEED A LITTLE HELP! I HAVE THIS CARD (1909-11 T206 #NNO TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER SWEET CAPORAL CIGARETTES PRO NM-MT 8 30484776) CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF IT'S AN AUTHENTIC CARD, BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING SIMILAR. AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S (#NNO, PRO) MEANS. HELP ME PLEASE. THANK YOU

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD
there is value in it

to find out exactly, buy the online price guide. we cannot give out values

RE: 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD
The NNO just means that there is no actual number assigned to the card. The T206 cards (as well as many tobacco/candy cards) are typically listed in price guides alphabetically by last name.

I'm curious to look into this card because of the Sweet Caporal back variation that you have. I'll post back later.

RE: PLEASE HELP 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD NEED SOME INFO!
what you think the (PRO) means and from where you think I can get estimate on that particular card?

RE: PLEASE HELP 1909-11 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TY COBB BAT OF SHOULDER CARD NEED SOME INFO!
(05-07-2012, 02:25 PM)elmantm Wrote: what you think the (PRO) means and from where you think I can get estimate on that particular card?
PRO is most probably the company (thumbnails dont work for most folks, so i cant see it. if you host it at imageshack.us or p[hotobucket, we can see it and give you a clearer picture

as for an esitmate: look at ebay's completed auctions (and only look for ones that have sold)

or, you can buy the online price guide here

Yes, please post front/back scans as indicated above. The computer I was on before showed them but this one doesn't.

Additionally, do a search of "pro grading" and you should get some feedback on the company anyway which is far from a good rep.

I assume it was graded by 'Pro' grading company. They are what you might call a generic operation. You would have to have it graded by PSA or BGS for it to ever have any real big value. A lot of PRO cards turn out to be trimmed or colored.

graded T206 high grade from PRO usually means the card was trimmed from my experiences. Like these guys said, post a scan of the front and back.

To give you an idea, here is what appears to the same card in poor condition, and it sold for over $300.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Ty-Cobb-Bat...3f16b5295d
In NM condition the card would sell for thousands if not over $10k. That being said PRO Grading company is not very reputable, so there is no guarantee that the card you have isn't simply a reprint. The condition appears to be nearly flawless, so there is going to be a lot of skepticism about the authenticity of your card. That being said, if I were you I would have the card examined in person by someone who really knows what to look for in determining fake/reprints of tobacco cards, and if they said it looks legit then send it to BGS for grading. You could be in for a HUGE payday. However, be prepared for a letdown if it turns out to be a fake or reprint. I don't think it was trimmed considering the amount of border showing on all sides. However I also do think that it is almost in too good of condition to be real. Best of luck.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

^ From what I've seen Pro doesn't generally grade reprints as authentic, they just ignore altering.