`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target Blaster 2012 Bowman & 2012 Bowman Hanger Pack

Target Blaster 2012 Bowman & 2012 Bowman Hanger Pack
Went to Target to switch out a Lead Pad game for my son's B-Day and found they had 2012 Bowman on the shelf. Bought 1 of those hanger packs (3 packs plus 3 purple cards) and a blaster box for $20. Honestly opinion of that the cards are increadibly boring this year... and the break itself was pretty boring too. Did manage to pull a Harper base and Harper Chome to recoup some of the spend... other than that the "hit" of both purchases was a Mark Trumbo International. Nothing scan worthy really so they all went swimming in the "bay"

Still would love to pull that "RC" contract card (Not only for the cash but for my son to have a RC @ 5 years old. lol) Gotta find some hobby packs in the next weeks or so...

~Vesper

RE: Target Blaster 2012 Bowman & 2012 Bowman Hanger Pack
did you get any tigers or rays prospects?

i thought the product wasnt coming out til wednesday? i read this article yesterday so i went to my walmart and nope, not yet. so i mean is it worth to collect the 2012 this year?
thanks

Is it worth collecting 2012 Bowman? With FIRST AUTOGRAPHS (BOWMAN AUTOS) of Yu Darvish, Trevor Bauer and others? Not to mention AUTO rookies of Matt Moore and others? A HOBBY only Wrapper redemption tops off the deal....DID I FORGET FIRST BOWMAN AUTOS OF GERRITT COLE? The set checklist is deep, and the additions are sweet. Yes I think it is worth collecting friends...

lol, okay u convinced me. well i think i will try to win a box off the bay. thanks for the insider.

(05-07-2012, 08:10 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i thought the product wasnt coming out til wednesday? i read this article yesterday so i went to my walmart and nope, not yet. so i mean is it worth to collect the 2012 this year?
thanks
A little more LOL....Wal Mart differs from Target in that Wal Mart card shelves are stocked by a CARD DISTRIBUTOR THAT VISITS THE STORE...IT REALLY HAS ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH WAL MART...SO YOU WONT SEE ANY PRODUCTS ON THE SHELVES UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE OR LATER. Target on the other hand get their cards direct and stock there own card shelves. Therefore they recieve boxes of product from Topps with a DO NOT OPEN UNTIL...stamp on the box. Sometimes this is not ADHEARED TO, and the kids at Target open the boxes and stock the sehlves early. Just a hint for you all. THANKS FOR LISTENING!

wow, thanks for the insider. well i will stick with walmart. in fact the times i have bought blasters from them, i have pulled some autos.

rumor is retail is going to be almost impossible to pull any of the good stuff this year and from the small sample size I've seen of people busting so far it seems to be the case.
(05-07-2012, 09:53 AM)johnnysbench Wrote: A little more LOL....Wal Mart differs from Target in that Wal Mart card shelves are stocked by a CARD DISTRIBUTOR THAT VISITS THE STORE...IT REALLY HAS ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH WAL MART...SO YOU WONT SEE ANY PRODUCTS ON THE SHELVES UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE OR LATER. Target on the other hand get their cards direct and stock there own card shelves. Therefore they recieve boxes of product from Topps with a DO NOT OPEN UNTIL...stamp on the box. Sometimes this is not ADHEARED TO, and the kids at Target open the boxes and stock the sehlves early. Just a hint for you all. THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Target has the same set up. They have a outside vendor that comes in and stocks their trading card section. I know because I've got a pretty good relationship with the guy that does the one here. He let's me know exactly what day and time he's going to be there so I can be one of the first ones to actually get hands on the product. And yes the Target here got Bowman in on Thursday of last week.

Now maybe each store is different I don't know but the one I go to does the Vendor setup. He comes in with those huge boxes with all the cards in them and he goes through one by one checking them off some kind of list. I guess so he can keep up with what he put out and how much.

Also again just might be a local thing but Walmart here didn't even get any Heritage product they still have Topps and then got in a bunch of junk HIT Football blasters and that's been it for about the last 2 months. Target on the other hand has a much larger section and selection of product to choose from. It also seems to be more clean in appearance as well. Seems like Walmart is where all the scalpers run to and Target is more collector friendly.

Yeah I do have to agree with the walmart appearance at some. Mine seems to be up with times though. It is clean and they do carry heritage. Seems when a new product does come out, they have it. Now me living in Kansas, every time I go to the store I dint see anyone there. Maybe because people here r more into nascar or their country living, lol goes here.
but real good selections
but I do plan on buying hobby boxes just for the wrapper redemptions.
Thanks.

I'm not a big fan of prospect collecting, I'll probably pick up a few packs but nothing crazy and buy/trade for the singles I want, especially with Archives coming out in a little over a week <3

_____

and like chevy man said, Target doesn't stock their card section themselves, an outside vendor does, as my mother works there and I've asked her before. Which the Target that's right by my house is pretty bad with getting stuff out even on release date, they didn't get Heritage until almost a week after release.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]