`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
UGH....Hate eBay buyers like this!

RE: UGH....Hate eBay buyers like this!
I feel for you man! I'm constantly having to deal with people who aren't paying on a timely basis.

But what other website would you guys suggest we deal with when trying to sell cards? I don't really want to buy and sell on the bay either, but I have no choice. It's the only place that has the biggest amount of exposure.

(05-06-2012, 01:34 AM)kstjst Wrote: I feel for you man! I'm constantly having to deal with people who aren't paying on a timely basis.

But what other website would you guys suggest we deal with when trying to sell cards? I don't really want to buy and sell on the bay either, but I have no choice. It's the only place that has the biggest amount of exposure.
I know its a double edge sword.
eBay is wonderful as a buyer, but in the last 3-5 years it sucks to be a seller. Unless you use tactics like Bigboyd and such.
I only sell when I need some extra $, which has been alot lately since the GF is out of work. So I know you cant please everyone and that if 10% of the population are jerks and @$$#0!35, then you will probably double that number in ebay buyers that are. lol

(05-06-2012, 01:34 AM)kstjst Wrote: But what other website would you guys suggest we deal with when trying to sell cards? I don't really want to buy and sell on the bay either, but I have no choice. It's the only place that has the biggest amount of exposure.
COMC. Not only do they do all the work for you but they deal with all the headaches. Plus, once the card has sold you're done with it and get paid no matter what happens.

I have had to relist 2 cards in the last week due to non payment. I open the claim and they still don't pay. PM after PM and they just ignore it. Gets old...

(05-06-2012, 12:19 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I have had to relist 2 cards in the last week due to non payment. I open the claim and they still don't pay. PM after PM and they just ignore it. Gets old...
I got a guy like that now that hasnt paid in 8 days and no answers to invoices or emails for 6 items. From what I looked into his feedback this seems to be his MO. Hes JUST getting feedback now for items won on April 22nd.

I really don't care for the length of time that buyers are allowed to have to pay for something. If I had it my way, if a buyer can't make payment within three days of the listings end, they lose it right then and there with no grace period. You have to be an adult to do anything on that site, act like one.

Just reported my 8 days guy over the 6 items that all ended April 28th. No contact at all.
I seen he just now got a feedback for payment of an item from March 11th (for a second I thought it said May lol).

Do they even get strikes anymore?

(05-06-2012, 02:29 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Just reported my 8 days guy over the 6 items that all ended April 28th. No contact at all.
I seen he just now got a feedback for payment of an item from March 11th (for a second I thought it said May lol).

Do they even get strikes anymore?
I took this from some person (no clue on who this person is) from an ebay forum. Who knows how much stock to put into it but I think it's probably legit. Guy has 100% feedback with 7,900+ from selling. Additionally, you can set it up so that you block bidders with 2 unpaid item strikes within the last month, six months, or year if you want.

Re: How long does it take to add strikes to a buyer?
May 1, 2012 11:34 AM

ebay NO LONGER has the "three strikes out" rule. I just called and checked with ebay, and was told ebay is now counting the "PERCENTAGE" of the non-paying cases, not the three strikes any more. That explains why I see one of my bid-then-disappear-like-a-phart bidders has 8 non-paying complains in his "positive" feedbacks, and is still here fooling around. What can you say? It is ebay.

It's a joke but that's what eBay is doing. They are counting a percentage now but won't tell you what that percentage is. I confronted them with proof that one user that did this with four of my items alone had over 90% and they gave me the same canned answer they like to these days, that it will catch up to them. It's also hot rumor right now that eBay is close to doing away with item strikes counting altogether.

By the way, the current buyer I was having trouble with, the one who attempted feeback extortion to get a partial refund, was just rewarded for his behavior by having eBay repay him and letting him do the one thing he absolutely would not do, which is be required to return the item for a refund. They did this despite me showing him through his own feedback left that he has done the same thing before. As of the moment I didn't get penalized for offering a full refund through a return but the Paypal transaction involved currently has a status update saying that eBay had to step in to cover the funds I didn't have and I owe them, which is comical given the item was $25 shipped and I have over $1000 sitting in there. They not only were surprised I wasn't pleased with how they handled this case but got combative with me when I pointed out that giving someone their money back without requiring a return only serves to reward their fraud and empowers them to do it even more, and since I can't protect any sellers with proper feedback others are going to get attacked. They especially didn't like it when I pointed them to the smoking gun of the feedback left.

Bring back Yahoo auctions!!! Those were the best, no listing fees.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.