`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need advice!!

i need advice!!
i dont know what to buy between a 2001 bowman's best hobby box,bowman chrome 2001 hobby box or a 2012 topps tribute hobby box.
The bowman boxes are 300$ each plus shipping and i can have a tribute box for 275 no shipping

RE: i need advice!!
(05-04-2012, 05:18 PM)lefou66 Wrote: i dont know what to buy between a 2001 bowman's best hobby box,bowman chrome 2001 hobby box or a 2012 topps tribute hobby box.
The bowman boxes are 300$ each plus shipping and i can have a tribute box for 275 no shipping
I guess it would depend on what you're looking for. Set building, personal collection, fun rip with hits being sold/traded, etc.

To me the 2001 Bowman's Best cards were unique but not so much in a good way. And the hits for the box are so-so. Nothing extravagant, but a couple of them can pay for most the box themselves. Hit rate not that great though.

I like the 2001 Bowman Chrome cards more but overall I'd call the box about the same as 2001 Bowman's Best.

On the other hand, 2012 Topps Tribute has some big hitters and I really like the base cards too. Get a Yu auto redemption...clear a tidy profit after recouping the box price if you decide to sell it. Lots of other cards with potential. But some people were brutalized opening a box - weak hits, weak base cards, return on investment pretty weak. I opened 2 boxes myself and did quite well but no Yu.

So, 2012 Topps Tribute is likely more of a gamble based on some of the horrendous breaks as well as outstanding breaks we've seen posted.

If you're looking to open and keep everything for yourself, I still recommend 2012 Topps Tribute - the cards are so purty Smile

Just my opinions of course and I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me.

EDIT: Here are the hits from my 2 boxes of 2012 Topps Tribute I opened a few months back:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1491111.html
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1492964.html

I wouldn't worry about the 2001 Bowman Chrome Hobby boxes. Pujols was a redemption that has long since expired. I'd narrow it down to the Bowman's Best and Tribute. I liked Tribute a lot and don't know much about the Bowman's Best. With Tribute you get a better chance at pulling a cool HOF player's Auto as well!

DONT BUY THE 2001 BOWMAN CHROME BOXES!!!!! You can't even pull a Pujols. They are redemptions only. Your chances of getting your money back are terrible. No way i would touch those. If your going to buy a 2001 product go with SPx, Sweet Spot, or SP Authentic....IMO.