`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Looks Completely BOGUS

RE: This Looks Completely BOGUS
(05-05-2012, 10:38 AM)kr0n420 Wrote: Yeah I'm not quite sure why ricely replied to that. It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, but I suppose the person calling the seller an idiot would be a good start Tongue
Yeah, I just saw the word "anyone" and went with that. However, I do believe the "idiot" label applies with his "I'm going to get a lawyer" talk. That always amuses me when I read people's ebay issue stories. Smile

I sincerely apologize for my late reply. I do not check PM's or have much time to read the forums, unfortunately.

In this case, yes, this is real. If a person buys a legit gamer, fully authenticated by one of a small group of well-respected jersey authenticators, and it is sent directly to BGS from the Auction House, we will allow those to be used. But once they leave our possession, the guarantee is null and void. In this case, the owner probably decided not to use all the GGUM slabs and wanted the pieces back. In which case, the only way to assure authenticity in returning them is to seal them up and return them in a tamper-proof slab.

Thanks,
Mark

I know this is an older post but it still comes up on google when you search GGUMCARDS. 

GGUMCARDS are 100%, they were the first company to add a piece of memorabilia to a card without causing damage to that card or taking any value away from that card by adding it (gluing it on/etc) 

They have a US Patent from 2007 and was a sub company of St Croix Trading and Collectibles out of Wisconsion. 

From my understanding, when you sent in a card to Beckett it was an added option you could choose if available. GGUM also sold cards on their website or in local baseball card shops (mystery packs). 

A company called Mastronet would authenticate the memorabilia to ensure the buyer was given a 100% piece of memorabilia history. GGUMCARDS used WeTrak Smart Tags, this is how you used to be able to track GGUMCARDS, WeTrak is no longer in service and is now Prova Authentication (some GGUMCARDS can still be tracked on this site/service). It use to be you either had to use GGUMCARDS or WeTrak to track the memorabilia of your card (not the Grade!)  

If you go to Beckett and type in the serial # it will only provide the grading service. If you can find your card on Prova, it will tell you what piece of memorabilia was attached to your card and where it came from.