Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Missed Another Red For My Rainbow
Rainbow 
Just Missed Another Red For My Rainbow
Another Red with top right corner damage. I just couldn't pull the trigger for a RAW card that I knew wasn't going to get at least a BGS 9.5. Two down, 3 to go.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

RE: Just Missed Another Red For My Rainbow
If you expect the card to get "at least a BGS 9.5", i think your standards are a little too high!
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

2/5 it maybe forever before you see one. But the same corner messed up are you sure it wasnt the same card with a differnt seller because he didnt know about the ding before he bidded?
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-01-2012, 08:53 PM)waynetalger Wrote: 2/5 it maybe forever before you see one. But the same corner messed up are you sure it wasnt the same card with a differnt seller because he didnt know about the ding before he bidded?
Hey Wayne, They were definitely two different cards, as the first one was serial numbered 4/5 and the one that ended yesterday was 2/5. The corner damage on the first one was more severe than the second. Even though the 2nd one had less corner damage, I couldn't see spending $125.50 on a card that I didn't think would get a 9.5.

Thanks for your comments.
(05-01-2012, 07:08 PM)keyser soze Wrote: If you expect the card to get "at least a BGS 9.5", i think your standards are a little too high!
Hey Erik, thanks for your comment.

I think he's right. You gotta pull the trigger. You have 3 more chances that's it. If it were me I would have just spent the cash and been happy. I can see if you wanted to re-sell the rainbow when it is completed but I'd kill myself if I missed out on cards I need for a bow because I knew it would get 9.5 or higher.

Set your standards low, pull the trigger. You got 3 more chances, that's it
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(05-02-2012, 08:04 AM)HeyFitzy Wrote: I think he's right. You gotta pull the trigger. You have 3 more chances that's it. If it were me I would have just spent the cash and been happy. I can see if you wanted to re-sell the rainbow when it is completed but I'd kill myself if I missed out on cards I need for a bow because I knew it would get 9.5 or higher.

Set your standards low, pull the trigger. You got 3 more chances, that's it
I'm never gunna complete the rainbow. The Purple 1/1 already sold for $450. Oddly enough, I think the Purple would have received a BGS 9.5. I can't come close to sniffing at $450.

(05-02-2012, 08:15 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I'm never gunna complete the rainbow. The Purple 1/1 already sold for $450. Oddly enough, I think the Purple would have received a BGS 9.5. I can't come close to sniffing at $450.
Completing it or not, it's better to have them all but 1. I bet the 1/1 will pop up eventually
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Look at it this way. Buy it and when and if the next one comes up buy it and then sell the the first one you had to recoup the cost. At least you can say you own one Smile
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-02-2012, 07:27 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Look at it this way. Buy it and when and if the next one comes up buy it and then sell the the first one you had to recoup the cost. At least you can say you own one Smile
That would be a good option for most people, but I've never sold on eBay. The one time I did sell something it was such a hassle for my parents.

Wayne, Thanks for your comments, though.