`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Needed: Vintage Set

Opinions Needed: Vintage Set
Thinking about starting a 2nd Vintage set I have already started Collecting the 73-74 Topps set and im about 70% done (need to organize it to get the Correct Number) so im thinking about Moving onto the 74-75 Topps.. My Questions are:

1.With my 73-74 Set i went Ungraded Do you think i should try to go with Graded for the 74-75 Set?

it would Cost alot more to put together and would take alot longer to put together but i would know the Cards are protected.

2. If i go Graded whats the Lowest grade i should allow?

I would only buy BGS or PSA if i grade

RE: Opinions Needed: Vintage Set
that would really just determine how much you are willing to spend on it. not everyone is gonna grade the commons of that set. if you want to grade them yourself that would be your prerogative. I would see what it would take to finish the set you are working on and then go from there see if it is worth going for it. i think you would feel that much more accomplished knowing that you finished it before you started another project. but if you do go graded i wouldn't go with anything less than 7. if its lower than that whats the point? it was handled too much before that.

I wouldn't grade that set. I don't think there are enough high dollar cards to justify it. It would be real hard to find the lesser known players graded. If you want to do a graded set I would go for the tall boys of 69-70 or 70-71 . Alot easier to find graded commons.
Photobucket

Thanx for the Imput guy..

It would be a fun set to get graded, but not necessarily profitable. And I agree with Braze, above: Do not go lower than 7s.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.