`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Team's Draft Grades?

RE: Your Team's Draft Grades?
I personally give the Seahawks a B- or C+. I am happy that we picked up another quarterback, I just hope we keep him around! I think they focused too much on defense, which to me was the biggest strength of the Hawks last year. I know that with the loss of David Hawthorne there was a need for another LB, but still. 7 defensive players picked!? I dunno, I feel we need more help with the offensive line with Okung being injured too much, Carpenter hurt last year and Moffitt hurt as well! Then we also had gotten rid of Robert Gallery, who I know was old, but at least seemed somewhat reliable. I hope that Carroll knows what he's doing and that the Hawks defense is SUPERB this season!

(04-29-2012, 01:05 PM)eric j Wrote: I personally give the Seahawks a B- or C+. I am happy that we picked up another quarterback, I just hope we keep him around! I think they focused too much on defense, which to me was the biggest strength of the Hawks last year. I know that with the loss of David Hawthorne there was a need for another LB, but still. 7 defensive players picked!? I dunno, I feel we need more help with the offensive line with Okung being injured too much, Carpenter hurt last year and Moffitt hurt as well! Then we also had gotten rid of Robert Gallery, who I know was old, but at least seemed somewhat reliable. I hope that Carroll knows what he's doing and that the Hawks defense is SUPERB this season!
What did you think about their first round pick? Very high risk/reward IMO.

(04-29-2012, 02:06 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: What did you think about their first round pick? Very high risk/reward IMO.
I completely agree! I think with losing David Hawthorne, Aaron Curry not working out and losing Lofa Tatupu (Earl Thomas can't do it all, no matter how much I wish!) we need a good pass rusher, and while I don't know a whole lot about Irvin, I have heard he needs some help in other areas. I just hope it all pans out.

You know thinking back on it, the Ebner pick may not be so bad. He has a Rugby background, so he could add versatility a lot of places, and possibly even RB. A good leader with a good story, may turn out to be a good pick.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

I would say we Did very well considering we drafted by need and got depth and speed for the the offense. i would say a solid B and if tannehill pans out A+ ... just my opinion

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-29-2012, 07:10 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I would say we Did very well considering we drafted by need and got depth and speed for the the offense. i would say a solid B and if tannehill pans out A+ ... just my opinion
Hinges on Tannehill, is he slated to start right away?

people may laugh but... Out of tannehill Rg3 and Luck .... Tannehill could be the most effective out of the gate ... only because he knows philbins offense better than the players on the roster now.

no official word on wether he will start but Ireland did say he didn't draft someone at 8 to sit the bench.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-29-2012, 07:13 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: people may laugh but... Out of tannehill Rg3 and Luck .... Tannehill could be the most effective out of the gate ... only because he knows philbins offense better than the players on the roster now.
I think RG3 will be most effective and win ROY. This is just based on the amount of raw talent he has, similar to how Cam came out and played last year.

I love Tannehill I think he could have a great career
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

I give the Panthers a B. I like the Kuechly pick as all he does is tackle people lol, some comparing him to Urlacher around here. Our second round pick has potential but the guy was a tackle for a division 2 school, Midwestern State, he will play guard for us. No 3rd round pick. We picked up a potential punt returner and slot receiver in Joe Adams.Picked up a DE in the 4th as well that I know nothing about.Norman a CB out of Coastal Carolina looks like he has some potential as a nickle and who knows, with our terrible corners, he may even start a game or two.