`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice from player collectors

RE: Need advice from player collectors
I agree with most of the other people. I decided to start collecting Hasselbeck and just went after EVERYTHING my wallet could afford! I put feelers out there, and I was SURPRISED by how many people would just send Hasselbeck's my way, just to help my collection! I don't focus on just autos or just G/U, I personally check Ebay multiple times a day and bid on what I need/ what I can afford. NOW, yes, I have watched 1/1's walk away because I couldn't afford them, but I just keep hoping they'll pop up again one day.
Do what makes you happy. Want to focus on just autos for now, then go for it! Want to go after EVERYTHING Gabbert has available, then just focus on what you can afford and buy accordingly! And yes, don't forget about base. It's disgusting how many base Hasselbeck cards I am missing JUST because no one thinks they're worth listing anymore!
Have fun and BEST OF LUCK to ya!!!

Thanks for the tips guys.Alot to take in,lol.

(04-29-2012, 02:18 PM)alxtb Wrote: Thanks for the tips guys.Alot to take in,lol.
Yes it is. But nothing compared to realizing that you are embarking on a journey for a player who has almost 1300 cards after one year. LOL.

Player collecting is a crazy deal. Look at it this way, if you nabbed a Gabbert or two a day for the next year, that will put you half way. It just takes time. Be patient, have fun. Buy the cards YOU like. Don't worry about super collecting. If it gets that crazy for you, you can always go back to get the cards you don't like. It will mean more to you buying an ugly card 5 years from now, that you've been searching for, than buy it now and miss out on a card you truly like. Trust me. Those ugly ones get prettier later on.

Also, as far as base and low-end GU'd, COMC is God's gift to the collector. Plus, The Marketplace is always nice when you can find a dealer who has a lot of what you are looking for.

I still would focus on cards /100 or less, and autograph cards. Those are the ones that will be pains later on.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(04-29-2012, 05:08 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Yes it is. But nothing compared to realizing that you are embarking on a journey for a player who has almost 1300 cards after one year. LOL.

Player collecting is a crazy deal. Look at it this way, if you nabbed a Gabbert or two a day for the next year, that will put you half way. It just takes time. Be patient, have fun. Buy the cards YOU like. Don't worry about super collecting. If it gets that crazy for you, you can always go back to get the cards you don't like. It will mean more to you buying an ugly card 5 years from now, that you've been searching for, than buy it now and miss out on a card you truly like. Trust me. Those ugly ones get prettier later on.

Also, as far as base and low-end GU'd, COMC is God's gift to the collector. Plus, The Marketplace is always nice when you can find a dealer who has a lot of what you are looking for.

I still would focus on cards /100 or less, and autograph cards. Those are the ones that will be pains later on.

I agree COMC has been a gift from god for base and low end stuff with amazing savings on shipping! I have added 100 colberts since i started usuing COMC
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Yah, I'd also have to add in that supercollecting Gabbert now will be very very difficult. Many of the short-print cards are already in others' PCs, and if they do come out 5 years from now, it'll be for 2 main reasons. 1 - guy is on fire and that person wants to make a solid return on investment (meaning cards will be a lot of $$ for you). 2 - guy sucks (and you may not have any interest in collecting him anymore).

I believe the only reason why I've done so well with Jacquizz PC is because I started from the get-go. If you're looking to Super PC a guy, I'd suggest picking a 2012 guy. If you're looking to just to have cards every now and then from Gabbert as your guy, then just get them within your means and like Marinocollector said, get the cards you LIKE.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(04-29-2012, 08:42 AM)alxtb Wrote: Im stuck with my Gabbert collection.Im at 25 autos/5 gu/about 40 base.Never done the 1 player collection before,is 25 a decent number to put the autos on hold and start with the gu/base stuff?Or should i keep up with the autos and worry about the rest later?There is some sick player collections out there and i want to someday at least be in the same ballpark.Thanks with any advice
Well being that he doesn't have a ton of cards out yet I'd start going after both. The plain jsys just wait on because as time goes by they will get cheaper. Stick with autos and sick patches is my opinion.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

1300 cards is probably out of my league right now,lol.I figure if i can get to the 150 mark ill be doing good (maybe a 50/50/50)

Going after everything burned me out. Now my super sick DT pc is in limbo and I have moved on to a more select PC. IMO do what others have said when they say do whats fun for you. I'm having more fun by picking a select card vs a bunch of cards. To me its now more fun passing on the 15 five dollar cards to get that one super sweet 200 dollar card. Just have fun and dont burn yourself out Smile
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Get the rare autos. Those are gonna be the hardest and most expensive to come by later.
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]

(04-29-2012, 09:57 PM)tdwright13 Wrote: Get the rare autos. Those are gonna be the hardest and most expensive to come by later.
yepp back in 2004-2006 I didnt have alot of money to pick up the 1/1's and low numbered stuff...and obviously its sitting in someones collection still.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS