`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 heritage JFK story mint

2012 heritage JFK story mint
Was at subway getting a grinder for my gf and the subway had a card store next door. So I stop in to get some top loaders and pick up two packs of heritage. The first two hobby packs I've boughten, had only bought packs at target before this.

I get home open one pack and leave one in the car. first pack had nothing great a josh johnson sp but it had gouges in it, from what I do not know but it looked like mini wolverine claws. I save the other pack for after my gf goes to sleep cause not in the mood to hear how I spent 7 dollars on stupid cards. I open them up and there it was the JFK story mint redemption card. My only two packs of hobby and I pull one, what a schmuck. Question is what do I do with it? as in redeem it myself or sell it.

RE: 2012 heritage JFK story mint
First off if you have to hide baseball card purchases from your wife/gf I would highly suggest having a sit down and explain WHY you buy cards. Otherwise, your relationship will be horrible.

My wife hated when I bought hobby boxes and random retail. Now she's all hung ho about it and loves to open them with me!

As for the card, sell it, save yourself from the headaches of explaining why you got a card in the mail
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

No shes great the problem is I golf and collect coins also. I only got back into cards going through my fathers collection of cards and starting lineups this past winter. I can get ocd with this collecting lol so I love her for putting up with it.

Sell it

(04-28-2012, 04:55 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Sell it
Thats what I think as well. Only reason I'd keep it is to give it to my 7 month old son years from now. Just thought I'd ask because I cant find barely any info on it other than the production figures online. Thanks for the input guys.

I'm married and my wife knows I buy cards, she just don't know how much I spend. I work on the side to pay for my addiction so I think it is alright, even though sometimes I will grudge spend sometimes when she buys clothes and shoes without telling me.
Nice pull on the card and I say sell it also cause it's gonna take you 5 months to get it anyways even if you do want to get it.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(04-28-2012, 05:22 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I'm married and my wife knows I buy cards, she just don't know how much I spend. I work on the side to pay for my addiction so I think it is alright, even though sometimes I will grudge spend sometimes when she buys clothes and shoes without telling me.
Nice pull on the card and I say sell it also cause it's gonna take you 5 months to get it anyways even if you do want to get it.
My wife knows how much I spend but she doesn't care I got her hooked on this hobby like how my father did with me lol

I have limits though.

On Topic : SELL IT!!! Buy more with profits lol

My wife knows about my addiction and she supports it. She says "you don't smoke or do drugs so I guess there are worse things that you can do." I have a $300 budget a month so its all good for me. As for the card, I don't know much about it but I would just sell it because redemptions are just a major headache.

"you don't smoke or do drugs so I guess there are worse things that you can do."

Same here.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(04-28-2012, 07:58 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: "you don't smoke or do drugs so I guess there are worse things that you can do."

Same here.
Yup exactly. Plus I just bought my wife 1,500 Leo diamond earrings, I don't think she can say anything about a $70 hobby box