`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAJOR MOJO Bryce Harper & Detroit Tigers at WalMart! Six Hits!

MAJOR MOJO Bryce Harper & Detroit Tigers at WalMart! Six Hits!
So I was in my local WalMart the other day to see if 2012 UD Football retail was out yet, and it wasn't.

I saw one of those hobby boxes of 2009 UD Signature Stars Baseball for $69.99, four hits per box, so I went for it.

VERY glad I did ...

First hit: Cody Buckel USA patch/25
Second hit: AJ Vanegas USA jersey
Third hit: James Parr (Braves) prospect auto
Fourth hit: Rick Hague USA jersey

Ehh, who knows with the USA stuff, had never heard of Parr ...

So at this point I'm thinking, please, at least let me pull the regular Bryce Harper USA Star Prospects card ... they come 1:4 packs, 40 cards in the set, 20 packs a box, five USA cards in a box, so a Harper is only 1 every 8 boxes — think Young Guns in UD Hockey.

About two packs later ...

[Image: BryceUD.jpg]

So now I'm thinking I'm done with like eight packs left, and glad the Harper saved the box.

I forgot to mention I'm a Detroit Tigers fan. About three packs after the Harper, I almost hurled when I pulled this ... Blammo!

[Image: MiguelAuto.jpg]

So now with like two packs left I really thought I was done, but I also pulled a Nick Pepitone USA letter patch auto, good for my sixth hit of the box.

Not bad for a trip to WalMart!

RE: MAJOR MOJO Bryce Harper & Detroit Tigers at WalMart! Six Hits!
Damn! That is a great score.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Thank you, I was pretty happy just with the Bryce. Funny thing is, when I pulled the Pepitone, I thought it was Nick Castellanos (Detroit 3B prospect) at first ... I would have actually passed out then.

Nice break! Congrats on the multi-score!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

Nice break! There is a box sitting out at my Wal-Mart that has been there for awhile. I was tempted to go for it, but I don't want to be stuck with a buncha USA jerseys or autos.

You did very well. This is a tough break at $70. Its a really fun break though with some of those USA guys starting to make it to the bigs now. There's Harper, Bauer, Cole, Pomeranz, and a few others that are doing really well or expected to do well
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(04-27-2012, 11:17 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: Nice break! Congrats on the multi-score!
Yeah, the Cabrera was crazy.

I was just thinking the other day that as much as I like the Tigers, I had never pulled a Detroit auto (got Peralta as an Indian once) and had only pulled jerseys of Magglio, Inge and Willis. The best one was a Kaline stadium seat relic out of last year's Heritage, I guess.

Until now, LOL
(04-27-2012, 11:21 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Nice break! There is a box sitting out at my Wal-Mart that has been there for awhile. I was tempted to go for it, but I don't want to be stuck with a buncha USA jerseys or autos.
I figured for $70 there was a decent chance of pulling a quality Harper ... plus, unless something drastically changes, these are basically his only Upper Deck cards.

I kind of like the Young Gun analogy, too ... the Harper card only fell 1 every eight boxes, assuming there were no SPs ... plus I really like the photo.
(04-27-2012, 11:41 PM)clarkzac Wrote: You did very well. This is a tough break at $70. Its a really fun break though with some of those USA guys starting to make it to the bigs now. There's Harper, Bauer, Cole, Pomeranz, and a few others that are doing really well or expected to do well
Yeah, I've seen on here that they're cheaper online, but I also wouldn't have to wait a week for it to ship (LOL), and it was more of an impulse thing than anything else.

It had been there for a while (at least a month), and it was the only one, and you know what they say about last packs/last boxes ...

I figured four hits for $70 really isn't bad, considering I would have probably spent the same amount on UD Football blasters if they had them, and probably wouldn't have come close to four hits, much less six.

Plus, I just traded a Harper Bowman auto last week and I was feeling a small void in my collection.

Nice!

If you really feel like you're missing a void in your collection I just got in a Bryce Harper GU from this product
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Wow...nice break
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++