`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cancel unwanted bids on eBay? HELP!

How do you cancel unwanted bids on eBay? HELP!
Never had to do it but had a guy with 0 feedback outbid on an item and need to cancel the bid...

RE: How do you cancel unwanted bids on eBay? HELP!
why do you need to cancel it for? could be a new user

He may be but too many stories about 0 feedback members not paying...

Give him the 4 days then open an unpaid item if he does not pay. You could also contact him and see when he intends to pay. But if you did not specifiy in you listing that you would not sell to someone with a feedback of zero not much you can do once the item sells. You cannot cancel a completed transaction without his aggreement.

Also how is some one supposed to get passed zero if every seller was like you? If no payment in four days, open case and offer to next highest bidder.

(04-26-2012, 08:58 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Also how is some one supposed to get passed zero if every seller was like you? If no payment in four days, open case and offer to next highest bidder.
Exactly. As long as you did not misrepresent your item and ship it correctly, your biggest issue might be that he does not pay. Which will be inconvenient but thats about it. I've had more issues with people with a lot of feedback than no feedback at all. Since Ebay in its infinite wisdom decided that sellers can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers a higher number of feedback doesn't mean squat.

I will message the bidder. Thanks! But still, out of curiosity, how does one cancel a bid?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Yeah I wouldn't worry til after the fact. I had a 0 feedback bidder on a lot of mine last week, everything went fine! I actually just won an auction from a 0 feedback guy as well just a couple hours ago. That's probably a little riskier since you're out the money up front, but I got a box of 94-95 SP for $9 shipped b/c nobody else was willing to risk it. There's buyer protection up to $200 so I'll get the money back even if the newbie flakes out, so why not? Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Just wondering whats the Card your selling?

Buck whats that seller's name i want a good deal on Older Boxes tooo LOL

I wouldn't cancel his bid, as he might not end up being the high bidder in the end and then you are just hurting the final sale price by eliminating a bidder. Plus he might get pissed off by you cancelling his bid and then go after all your other auctions to spite you. Your best bet is just to wait and see what happens. Either he pays or he doesn't pay in which case you can always send a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/