`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAPS!!!

RE: CAPS!!!
They are not playing the same game mswatson in other words you are getting to see a new Cap's team and a hot goaltender.....
@The Joker should be an exciting series lets just hope the ice holds up....

(04-26-2012, 08:38 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: Funny, I said pretty much the same thing 10 months ago, when I was of the opinion that all Canucks fans shouldn't be blamed for the actions of a few idiots. Here's my post from that thread....

Post 06.16.12 in response to the riot thread. Nothing changed my mind, I still feel the same about the small percentage of morons ruining it for everyone else. How about you go start BS somewhere else?

#Clownshoes #Growup
When you show me a post referring to Bruins fans making comments instead of the riot itself, I'll be inclined to listen to you.

#Idon'thaveyourshoes #dealwithit

Edit:
But hey, let's say you did defend Vancouver fans. I will admit my transgression and revise it:
"One Bruins fan...etc etc"
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(04-26-2012, 09:27 PM)ty4orce Wrote: They are not playing the same game mswatson in other words you are getting to see a new Cap's team and a hot goaltender.....
@The Joker should be an exciting series lets just hope the ice holds up....
Agreed, and they're all back and healthy...
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(04-26-2012, 10:26 PM)wickabee Wrote: When you show me a post referring to Bruins fans making comments instead of the riot itself, I'll be inclined to listen to you.

#Idon'thaveyourshoes #dealwithit

Edit:
But hey, let's say you did defend Vancouver fans. I will admit my transgression and revise it:
"One Bruins fan...etc etc"
Oh, like these posts from my Twitter account (@PsychoBruinsFan) yesterday...

"Deeply offended as a #Bruins fan at the low-rent scum that have been Tweeting racist BS about Joel Ward. Google Willie O'Ree, you idiots."

"Congrats to the Caps for taking down the champs, to Joel Ward for coming through for his team, and to the Bruins for handling it with class."

And yes, despite your assumptions, I did in fact defend Vancouver fans, and the city itself, using the old "bad apples ruining the bunch" standard. Hey, if you feel like painting the fanbase here with broad strokes, that's your error, not mine. We're all racists, right? Because Boston Bruins fans comprise the whole internet, and vice versa. Do what the pathetic hockey press does, tie the modern anonymous racism on Twitter to the race-driven bus issues from the 1970's in Boston, since they can't help but draw from a decades old well of misinformation and poor decision making.

The "I know you are but what am I" comeback is only funny when PeeWee Herman does it, and that's because he's a performing monkey, not someone actually arguing a point. I'm dealing with it just fine, smiling in fact that someone out there is so willing to jump on the bandwagon. Anyone tweeting racist crap is a jerk, and anyone shoveling all Bruins fans into that group is an idiot. Don't admit your transgression, stand behind your poorly informed statement and be wrong like all the folks tweeting how racist Boston is. My family's white, native American and black, from just outside Boston, and I think racism is for tiny minds. So is generalization. When I said grow up, it wasn't meant as an insult, it was encouragement. Way to take it the wrong way.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Are you still on this?
You lost, get over it. Pick a new team and cheer for them.

and for the record, your only all racists if we're all rioters. I don't even live in Vancouver, but your compatriots still felt it necessary to call me a rioter. Forgive me if I don't care what you said in the past, as what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Grow up and deal with it. I had to deal with it, what makes you so special?

I'm only still on it because you're being pretty ridiculous about it. I'm well aware that we lost, and I'm certainly over it, and looking forward to whatever next season brings. I didn't post racist BS anywhere, in fact I commented against it. If anyone's still burning from old fires, it'd be you. I never called you a rioter, nor did I pin that debacle on all Vancouver residents or fans. You seem to think that the "sauce" needs to be there in the first place, pinning all this nonsense on all Boston fans and residents, like the idiots you were so upset with about the riot commentary. Who on the Beckett forum was stupid enough to label you a rioter?

I don't feel that I'm entitled to special treatment, nor should anyone else here, but since I'm a part of THIS community, and it happens to be where you feel free to post this crap, maybe you should think about that rather than trying to avoid that kind of generalization. Go to wherever it was that you felt slighted by internet warriors and carry on with this kind of crap there, it doesn't belong in this forum. Saying that you'd be inclined to listen, and then saying "grow up and deal with it" is rather contradictory, don't you think? I'll let it rest at that, because it's clearly like trying to clap with one hand.

Best of luck to the Caps in their run for the Cup, and to the other teams to survive round 1, we'll see you next year!

(04-27-2012, 11:01 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I'm only still on it because you're being pretty ridiculous about it. I'm well aware that we lost, and I'm certainly over it, and looking forward to whatever next season brings. I didn't post racist BS anywhere, in fact I commented against it. If anyone's still burning from old fires, it'd be you. I never called you a rioter, nor did I pin that debacle on all Vancouver residents or fans. You seem to think that the "sauce" needs to be there in the first place, pinning all this nonsense on all Boston fans and residents, like the idiots you were so upset with about the riot commentary. Who on the Beckett forum was stupid enough to label you a rioter?

I don't feel that I'm entitled to special treatment, nor should anyone else here, but since I'm a part of THIS community, and it happens to be where you feel free to post this crap, maybe you should think about that rather than trying to avoid that kind of generalization. Go to wherever it was that you felt slighted by internet warriors and carry on with this kind of crap there, it doesn't belong in this forum. Saying that you'd be inclined to listen, and then saying "grow up and deal with it" is rather contradictory, don't you think? I'll let it rest at that, because it's clearly like trying to clap with one hand.

Best of luck to the Caps in their run for the Cup, and to the other teams to survive round 1, we'll see you next year!
I don't believe the bolded to be true. I had to answer for idiots 6 hours away from me who took part in a riot that had little to do with hockey, but you feel it unfair to be held to the same standard when your team's fans make racist comments online.

How is that not special treatment?
Deal with it.

(PS I'm a part of this community too. Again, you're not special.

Hey guys... I would hate for this to get real.

I don't like that there is already animosity between some members, and that we have lost many members in the past little while. I don't think that either party was meaning to belittle the other, and I think that both were trying to show their disgust with the "rotten apples", "idiots" and "bigots" who deflated our favorite sport. I agree with both of you in the fact that the rioters and the racial-slur-sayers were way out of line, and blackened the eyes of our passion. It's great to see such passion from the both of you, but I wish that you would not turn it on each other. Our community is better for having the both of you in it!

I don't think that I ever read Chris calling anyone on the boards a rioter, nor have I read Tyson calling anyone in our community a racist or bigot. If someone has called you that, it is their fault for wrongly labeling you, and I personally know better than to expect such behavior out of either. Can we put the gloves back on and keep the play going? Best wishes, guys!

Randi

You're right Randi, except for one thing. I had nothing to do with the riots, was nowhere near the place and decried it as sick and disgusting. I still had to deal with being called a rioter by numerous Boston fans for months upon months.

With that in mind, forgive me if I have no sympathy for a Boston fan in the same position 10 months later. I was called out for the sins of my compatriots. I had to deal with it, why can't this guy? Why does he deserve to be immune to the phenomenon? Why is a Boston fan given more leeway than a Vancouver fan?

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

My only issue is with the assumption that anyone should be forced to answer for other people's poor choices. Tyson, you don't owe any explanation for the riots, unless you were there setting fire to something, and you don't have to answer for (or even be made to feel guilty about) what anyone else does but you. Likewise, I'm not answering for some racist piece of crap. I don't feel special, but I do feel that as a man, I'm not taking heat for anyone else's nonsense, especially if it's something I'm vehemently against. If you feel that you should, or feel the need to shoulder any kind of animosty blindly thrown at Vancouver fans in general, that's your choice. Not your duty, not a requirement, but a choice. I wouldn't expect it, and now that I'm in the same shoes, I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and get called a racist without firing back. But you feel that I should just deal with it? Not a chance.

Going back to the collection of Tweets, most of those fans aren't even Bruins fans, nor are they in Mass, the only thing they have in common is ignorance and web-based bravery. Vancouver fans had nothing to be ashamed of, because those actions were carried out my a small group of folks that have no clue. Angry, unreasonable, childish people. I never put you into that category, or any other Vancouver fan, nor did I ever accept anyone saying that the fans should deal with it, and I don't condone or approve of what racist clowns are spouting off with on Twitter, so I'm sure not going to sit back and let anyone call me, the team or any other fans out for a few misguided folks' stupidity. Quite the opposite, I thought standing against that stuff was the only course of action.