`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In The Game question

RE: In The Game question

Is heroes and prospects ITG's best product?

(04-25-2012, 10:50 PM)benmitchell1024 Wrote: Is heroes and prospects ITG's best product?
Depends on who you ask.

Between the Pipes is the best for me but I collect Roy and it is an all goalie product.

ITG Ultimate would be there high end product.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

i like the unique releases they do - Like Captain-C, Decades, Canada Vs The World, Enforcers. They dont all play to everyones tastes but youll find ones you like and ones you dont.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(04-25-2012, 11:21 PM)snobles Wrote: Depends on who you ask.

Between the Pipes is the best for me but I collect Roy and it is an all goalie product.

ITG Ultimate would be there high end product.
100% agree

some of the newer products has a following as well, Decades (80's came out last year and 90's one will be out soon).

don't forget the other high end product might be coming out next year when SUPERLATIVE III comes out
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

ITG gets alot of respect from me, and I will buy it over the "other guys" if given a choice. I love thier products. There are alot of "new ideas" that UD and Panini are having now that ITG did already a few years back.
There are people who don't care for thier lack of a liscense. In my personal view, I COLLECT HOCKEY, I don't care what it says on the player's sweater.

As for thier best product, it really differs. I'm a first and foremost Between The Pipes lover. I also love Ultimate Memorabilia when I can get a good price, higher price, but I've always felt I've done well on it. Heroes and Prospects is cool, but I prefer the older editions of it, maybe because those players are now playing professionally, so I know what's a good hit.

P.S. -ITG = NO REDEMPTIONS AS HITS!!!!!!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-26-2012, 07:23 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: ITG gets alot of respect from me, and I will buy it over the "other guys" if given a choice. I love thier products. There are alot of "new ideas" that UD and Panini are having now that ITG did already a few years back.
There are people who don't care for thier lack of a liscense. In my personal view, I COLLECT HOCKEY, I don't care what it says on the player's sweater.

As for thier best product, it really differs. I'm a first and foremost Between The Pipes lover. I also love Ultimate Memorabilia when I can get a good price, higher price, but I've always felt I've done well on it. Heroes and Prospects is cool, but I prefer the older editions of it, maybe because those players are now playing professionally, so I know what's a good hit.

+1,000,000

Pretty much what i wanted to say!! Tongue

[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(04-26-2012, 07:23 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: ITG gets alot of respect from me, and I will buy it over the "other guys" if given a choice. I love thier products. There are alot of "new ideas" that UD and Panini are having now that ITG did already a few years back.

Basically the same thing for me.
They might not be lic. but I like the cards I do have from them better than the rest.

And the best part is

AND IF..... They happen to mess up. They make up for it.....

I love ITG and have bought a lot of their products over the years. I wish they had a license though. It's a shame because they bring different angles with their releases that other companies don't. Some of their newer stuff could be better design-wise, but again, they can't use a lot of photos because of the licensing issue and that limits some creativity. For example, headshots instead of uniform photos...bleh. However, breaking an ITG box is straight fun because they always have a great hit ratio with about 2 autos, 1 -2 memorabilia hits, a couple of serial numbered cards and a lot of unique regular insert cards per box. You can get most of the base set fairly easy as well if you're buying a lower to mid-range product.

If you like prospects and seeing players in their World Juniors & AHL/CHL minor league uniforms, (even the current & old timers like I do), then ITG has great stuff & is a fun product to open & collect. If you're looking to flip cards & sell for a profit, then ITG is not for you because the lack of an NHL License kills any resale value. That being said, you can get autographs & jersey cards of players for a lot cheaper than you can buying a Panini or UD product, (except for the obvious players like Crosby, Ovechkin, etc.)

I wouldn't call them second rate, but many would. My biggest pro for ITG is they have mem and auto cards of players UD and Panini would never touch. My biggest con is once you've seen one ITG card, you've pretty much seen them all. It hurts their design options that they don't have a license, but there's ways around it without every set looking the same.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com