`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxes to open for Yankee Game Used?

Boxes to open for Yankee Game Used?
I find that after 1 year back in the hobby following a 15 year hiatus my collecting wants are constantly on the move.

I started putting together Topps Heritage sets, and am close to completing 10, 11, and 12, and a little farther away on 02 and 07. Then I started on rookies of all the Yankees (I am a HUGE yankee fan) from the WS years. Now, after trolling around on eBay for a while, I have found some game used/relic cards that I really like, such as 2000 UD Reggie Jackson Legendary Lumber, 2000 UD Dave Cone Game Jersey, many of the 2008 UD A Piece of the Game items (especially Jeter), 2012 (I think) Topps Tribute Joe Dimaggio Debut Digits, and others.

I have thought seriously about busting a couple boxes in the hopes of pulling something cool, but I think I would have better odds buying scratch tickets and using the winnings to buy the singles off eBay.

Anyone have some sage advice for me?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

RE: Boxes to open for Yankee Game Used?
I only bust maybe 3-4 hobby boxes a year and never go into it thinking "I hope I get Braves auto's I want and need". I myself, mostly just buy singles on Ebay and the boxes are just to give me the busting a box "thrill" I need sometimes. I think this is easier than buying boxes, then having to trade or either sell the unwanted cards for stuff you really want.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Im sure you have heard of this guy. Willing to trade for Braves.

[Image: Tribute2012.jpg]

(04-25-2012, 06:02 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I only bust maybe 3-4 hobby boxes a year and never go into it thinking "I hope I get Braves auto's I want and need". I myself, mostly just buy singles on Ebay and the boxes are just to give me the busting a box "thrill" I need sometimes. I think this is easier than buying boxes, then having to trade or either sell the unwanted cards for stuff you really want.
This. I went a little overboard boxwise earlier this year, and realized that I can get stuff a lot cheaper if I just search for singles I want. But it's still fun to bust a box every once in a while because it is fun, but for the high end stuff I stay away from buying boxes, I learned after my horrible Tribute break.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

Two products with exclusively Yankees game used are 2000 Upper Deck Yankee Legends and 2000 Greats Of The Game. Don't remember the odds on game used from Greats but Yankee Legends had at least one per box.

(04-25-2012, 06:19 PM)cellardwellars Wrote: Im sure you have heard of this guy. Willing to trade for Braves.
Can you please make your signature bigger?

I have been opening boxes since 2010 (including some older boxes) and had never pulled my favorite team, the Yankees until 2011 Bowman Platinum. I had 2 boxes on order, but at the 32nd Annual National Sports Collectors Convention, I wanted to bust some packs to get the free card from Topps, so I bought a box. I made a comment to the dealer about hoping to pull a Yankee autograph since I hadn't pulled one yet. The first pack had a Hector Noesi auto. I then pulled his auto in 2011 Topps Chrome later in the year.

(04-26-2012, 02:23 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Can you please make your signature bigger?
Leave it just the way it is..I love looking at it! actually i drool everytime I see one of your post. lol
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(04-25-2012, 11:13 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Two products with exclusively Yankees game used are 2000 Upper Deck Yankee Legends and 2000 Greats Of The Game. Don't remember the odds on game used from Greats but Yankee Legends had at least one per box.
+1
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html